Reporting off 6-1-06
    Hmm..... seems to be quite a bit off track today... Anyone else see this ?
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

Yeah, it's off by a good bit. Wondering how many thousands of dollars I'm not seeing right now...
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

My reporting is looking fine today. Transactions are posting within 1-2 hours of the event date. Is it one particular merchant you're seeing problems with? It doesn't like like a network-wide problem.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I wonder if accounts are stored on different servers, and maybe certain servers occasionally run into problems, causing some people to have issues and others not to.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

No, I'm fairly confident that's not the case. In the past, when there have been just some people having problems, it's always been one of these problems:

1) Merchant specific problems, so it was affecting only affiliates who used the merchants who had problems. (eBay is a common one that has relatively frequent batching problems.)

2) Statistically insignficant levels of sales. You really need a good volume of sales to accurately detect tracking delays or problems.

3) Impression or click reporting delays. Many of us don't use impression tracking and have our own click tracking, so we don't pay a lot of attention to those numbers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    No, I'm fairly confident that's not the case. In the past, when there have been just some people having problems, it's always been one of these problems:

1) Merchant specific problems, so it was affecting only affiliates who used the merchants who had problems. (eBay is a common one that has relatively frequent batching problems.)

2) Statistically insignficant levels of sales. You really need a good volume of sales to accurately detect tracking delays or problems.

3) Impression or click reporting delays. Many of us don't use impression tracking and have our own click tracking, so we don't pay a lot of attention to those numbers.
    I opt for #2 for my case.

I didn't do any serious tracking to see if the delay was definitely there...I should go check my click tracking, to see what's up.

Thanks!

I would almost bet it's limited to the merchant their site also loaded slow so the reporting may be off. I guess I should have checked that out first.

This I will miss the self tracking when CJ switches to Java, I track all of my clicks.
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

ABW Ambassador
    I'm getting sales with the normal delay but today sucks for me:

EPC $0.52 USD

It must be cheap ass day on my site today.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm not showing any impressions, clicks or, naturally, sales either yet for June ... a bunch of zeros still ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread