ABW Ambassador
    Dear CJ,

I'd like a graphic next to the join button for all merchants indicating whether or not they instantly approve sites, or do they send some pencil necked accountant & legal geeks to our sites to look at our logo and background image to see if it fits with their corporate logo, aka "review" our site.

I am just interested in making money and I prefer to do business with businesses of like mind.

I hope others will join me with this request,

"I hope others will join me with this request"

This would be helpful

You can always use the merchants links to determine if they'll instantly accept you or not.. Simply select one of their links and hit get html.. If it says "would you like to join now" then you're in.. If it says, "this advertiser may require a review yadda yadda.." then you'll have to wait for acceptance..

It would be nice to be advised on the merchant page however..

[ 08-19-2002: Message edited by: TK ]

Affjus,

I agree with you. It would be nice!

TK, I've been with Cj for a couple of years now and never even noticed that. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have a problem with people that review sites, but I agree it would be nice to know up front. It would have been a big time saver (I used TK's method) when I was first creating my site and didn't have anything for the "review" people to review.

In addition, there are times when I want to move quickly on a page build and would like to avoid merchants that review.

AffJus, I have different reasoning, but great idea!

ABW Ambassador
    TK Thanks for the info

Cedric
    quote:
    AffJus, I have different reasoning, but great idea!

Thanks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, wanted to add: I was a little hot under the collar when I posted the original msg. I had just spend 2 hours just trying to find one merchant to fit a space... Everyone I clicked on was a "review" situation.. It was getting very late and I just wanted to finish this page... So, sorry for my nastiness. No disrespect meant to any pencils. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm definitely in with this one! I'd love an icon that said whether there was a review required or if we could get to selling the stuff right away!

ABW Ambassador
    Is this the line where we post our votes?

I vote yes for pre-determination

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, now if we could just get CJ on board!

How about a dollar bill icon for "instant approval" and a "eyeball" for requires review?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 08-20-2002: Message edited by: AffJus ]

AffJus,

Good Idea!

Haiko

Ya got my vote

{

ABW Ambassador
    Mine too!

As a merchant that offers auto-approval I think its a great idea! I will call Todd ASAP.

Akiva
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    www.essentialapparel.com

ABW Ambassador
    That's great! Thanks a bunch. Maybe someone from CJ will comment?????

:cool:

Count me in!

Sounds good to me.
    Knowing I can put up product pages and links quickly makes me a happy camper.

ABW Ambassador
    So, CJ, What about it? Can this be done for us?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

We've all been there. All ready to get right to work on a page or finally found something specific we've been looking for forever, and then sign up and get that awful message that the merchant has to review your site. It wouldn't be so bad if they reviewed in a day or two, but I've seen some of them take weeks before they bother to get around to it. By then, I've already moved on to other things.

I don't know if by the time I reach the point that I'm ready to join a program right then and there in order to add a link, that it would make much difference if such an icon existed. I mean I want the link. I click to join and find out I have to wait for review. Just means I'm going to find out a few seconds later than sooner that I have to wait for a review if I want to participate in the program.

On the other hand, I might not bother investigating a merchant if they had an icon saying that they reviewed sites. Whereas, I might spend time looking for products on their site if I knew I could get instantly accepted. Perhaps, that's why such an icon doesn't exist. People might discriminate against sites that have review processes in place and they wouldn't get as many affiliates in their program.

I've read in other posts some very valid reasons why merchants review sites, so I don't think they should be penalized for not letting every Tom, Dick or Harry join their program immediately.

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Great idea. Now Let's just hope Todd see it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Would be nice to see at least one merchant post on their profile page ..WE DO NOT accept any parasites as affiliates. Wake up to reality that a lot of merchants want to start with a good EPC and generate sales while avoiding the Dark Side" elements. Many also do not want "incent" or FreeBee traffic if they sell products. The revue process has some benefits. Out of the 10 who reviewed and then rejected me 7 are no longer active at CJ.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

On the other hand, I might not bother investigating a merchant if they had an icon saying that they reviewed sites. Whereas, I might spend time looking for products on their site if I knew I could get instantly accepted. Perhaps, that's why such an icon doesn't exist. People might discriminate against sites that have review processes in place and they wouldn't get as many affiliates in their program.

That's just it, we should descriminate! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] You are making my point over in another thread. If a merchant wants to "grow" their affiliate program, what good is "reviewing" a site? Either you are serious about building your list of affiliates or you are not. If you are not, then fine, "review" my site. I'll go on to those that are. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One of the reasons I ask for this, is that we are "joined" to over 300 merchants. 80% of them we do nothing with. I want to just keep my merchant list down to those that I know work and that i have confidence in. And by having a icon right there, it will keep me from joining merchants that just flood my list. (and my email!) Which just makes it harder to find what I'm looking for later.

Truth be told (and you said it yourself), once I loose momentum, I don't go back to that page. I want to get it done right now and by the time the merchant approves us, it's 2 weeks later. By then, we are on to new things.

So to keep my "joined" list down to just those really good merchants, having an icon there will keep me from joining those I probably won't ever promote anyways.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread