A petition to CJ?
    Out of respect for Scott and his efforts that I always have and always will appreciate, I will make these comments in a separate thread.

CJ is too arrogant to take any petition or outside suggestions seriously. They have made a decision and they are going to do what they are going to do. If they had a crystal ball that tells them that the company will soon be a pile of sun-bleached bones in the desert (yeah, Altavista was invincible, weren't they?), they would stick by their decision even in the throes of death.

Such a petition would be viewed by them as a "List Of People We've Got By The Balls". The bigger the list gets, the bigger their heads and d##ks will swell.

>> Out of respect for Scott

I appreciate that.

>> CJ is too arrogant to take any petition or outside suggestions seriously.

On the surface and as a company CJ is arrogant, but CJ is a company of individuals and not all are like that.

With any initiative like this, there are some on both sides of the argument. There are people there who are against this and are trying to do the right thing for affiliates. It seems so far they're losing. This will help them, and they're watching, I've already heard from them.

Do what feels right. But if you're not willing to do something as simple as put your name down, don't complain later.

I think anything and everything is worth trying, but the most import list is the one that CJ gets from it's merchants. When merchants start contacting CJ with emails about dozens or hundreds of their affiliates conacting them with their valid concerns, things will change.

Let's not rule out any ideas. A small crack in a dam can build and eventually tear down everything. Let's start a few cracks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.jangro.com/cj-petition.php

It's good to sign and also email your merchants with it and let them read it. We're doing CJ a favor, it's a stupid move, they just don't realize it.

the more professional the comments are the better, some of the comments are straight up business and some are just wankers.

....which will have more impact?

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    the more professional the comments are the better, some of the comments are straight up business and some are just wankers.

....which will have more impact?
    always depends on the mindset of the reader. let's hope some higher than higher-ups get wind of this and do some reading. and asking WTF? of whoever dreamed this scheme up.

there is such a thing as national or world attention attending one of these goofups. It has happened to LS in the past and now it is CJ's turn. Merchants and potential as well as involved affiliates will hear of this before long.

I don't think that anything is going to stop CJ from at least rolling it out.
    My problem is that we really don't know how it's going to be yet. I can't make such a strong statement about it when I don't even know what it really is.
    It's CJ. Do you really think it's going to be 'As Advertised'? ROTFLMAO!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread