Results 1 to 7 of 7
June 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM #1Approaching Merchants w/o Aff Programs
Any advice on how to do this?....:
I have identified a merhant in a deep niche that I know I could drive a lot of solid traffic to. This merchant does not have an affiliate program.
I want to approach them, but don't know how to get around:
1) Not coming off as a spam email / telemarketing phone call.
2) Not coming off as a salesperson.
3) How to explain aff. marketing to someone who may have no clue what it is.
Even if I got a "Yes" and formed a relationship, are there even any reasonable software solutions for a small-scale tracking situation such as this?
June 3rd, 2006, 12:17 AM #2
You might want to tell one of the OPMs here about them. They would probably have more success approaching them than you would, plus you would have the advantage of knowing that their program would be run right. Getting them to start a program is one thing. Getting them to run a program right is an even more daunting task.
About the only time I've had success getting merchants to set up affiliate programs is when they approach me to be included on one of my sites. I don't think I've ever had success when I've approached the merchant, so I don't even try any more.
June 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM #3
- Join Date
- April 25th, 2006
- Virginia Beach
OH that is good Should I PM the OPMs? (whats an OPM? LOL) Whohere is an OPM (by show of hands please) I have two great stores I would love to ad to my site but they have no affiliation program (PS one of them may have a language barrier meaning even though they are in NYC there may be a problem getting the concept across):gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!
June 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM #4
OPMs are people like Andy Rodriguez and Chris Sanderson, who manage affiliate programs for multiple companies. There are probably a dozen or more of them represented here on ABW.
June 4th, 2006, 12:36 AM #5
Thank you for the insight in your initial reply MC, and may I add thank you for all of your sage thoughts throughout these forums.
June 4th, 2006, 06:51 AM #6
June 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM #7
Just a couple of related points of interest to this thread.. for anyone interested in helping a merchant get started with an Affiliate program..
1) AvantLink has a Kickstart Program in which we will assist merchants starting out in the space by recruiting relevant and savvy Affiliates... in addition to other marketing efforts. We've found that many times merchants interested in a Affiliate program are in a catch 22 position.. meaning they can't justify the cost of hiring an experienced Affiliate manager to build the program, until the program shows promise.. but many times a program won't show promise until someone dedicated and experienced is committed..
2) We offer a finder's fee for any Affiliate (or anyone for that matter) who brings a merchant to our network.
A quick FYI.. AvantLink is a network that includes 'merchants' (not advertisers) and 'Affiliates' (not publishers). We do not entertain CPA offers and at this time there are no plans to. We're turning down CPA firms that want to post their offers every other day. They just don't fit in our network. We're focused more on deep-linking Affiliates who will recognize the power of our integrated, FREE tool center and Customizable Datafeeds...Read More about the Datafeed Manager v3.0...
If anyone has any questions please drop a line or give a call.
Over and out, Gary M
By mrkidd85 in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful ArticlesReplies: 4Last Post: May 31st, 2010, 03:30 PM
By mostlyharmless in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 6Last Post: April 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
By karomesis in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 5Last Post: October 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM
By SpikeDo in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 1Last Post: June 4th, 2004, 10:11 AM
By SamyT in forum UK/European AffiliatesReplies: 6Last Post: January 23rd, 2004, 05:48 PM