Why don't they convert?
    Does ANYONE have success with Generic Gifts? I am so frustrated. They have things that I want to sell and I have sent them so much traffic over such a long period of time that they should have been a big seller for me. But, they convert so badly that I am not a happy camper.

What gives? I really need to replace them but I don't see a good alternative for many products. They fill out categories where I really need products and there would be big fat blanks without them.

They have great stuff in so many areas of interest and the prices are good. They ought to sell like gang busters. But, they don't. It is as if people are interested and go there but then leave, or something. I am wasting my traffic. What to do?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Are you using the in-house program or SAS?

There's another GG style merchant at SAS that has many more products. Can't remember the name at the moment though and I wouldn't say they convert any better than GG for me. However, I don't work either of the programs too vigorously.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Does ANYONE have success with Generic Gifts? I am so frustrated. They have things that I want to sell and I have sent them so much traffic over such a long period of time that they should have been a big seller for me. But, they convert so badly that I am not a happy camper.

What gives? I really need to replace them but I don't see a good alternative for many products. They fill out categories where I really need products and there would be big fat blanks without them.

They have great stuff in so many areas of interest and the prices are good. They ought to sell like gang busters. But, they don't. It is as if people are interested and go there but then leave, or something. I am wasting my traffic. What to do?
    Go search Generic Gifts here at ABW and you'll find I second this observation. Been so long since I checked GC stats I'd have to go look up the log-in info. Never got over the minimum after 4000 clicks, and probably never will.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've got them on SAS. It doesn't convert. I didn't think it would, either, but I got conned into signing up. Now I've learned to ignore pitches from AMs.

I am using the SAS program.

I am thinking that people just must not like their site, or something.

If we have all had the same experience, what else can it be?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

They have things that I want to sell
    Sandra,

Check your PM's

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I tried their in house only program and eventually had to pull all links. They didn't convert at all with loads of targeted traffic (not PPC).

There really ought to be a list of non-converting merchants somewhere. Like GG - they are stupidly non-converting, not just because there are disgruntled affiliates who think they should have made sales but when experienced publishers start complaining about lack of conversions there is a REAL problem.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread