I just joined Shareasale and have a couple of questions?
    Well I have just joined Shareasale as an affiliate. I have a website that gets 3 to 4k visits a day (my Alexa is around 5k so I get lots of geeks, webmasters, SEO/M types) and am going to place the Shareasale.com banner on my site.

I am also looking at the best 3rd party affiliate system that will work for me as a merchant and have a few questions.

As a merchant I would like to give my affiliates the option of placing marketing content (as a blog entry, as an article page, or a SEO optimized landing page that would get Search Engine traffic) on their site.

Does Shareasale have the ability for me to provide this on the Shareasale site or would I need to offer this on my site and include the affiliate links in the content?

Does Shareasale allow their merchants to have a banner page on the merchant website where the banner link and affiliate code can be obtained or does all affiliate code snippets need to be obtained on Shareasale?

As an affiliate I am wanting to make a 204x60px banner for shareasale.com and put it on my site. Can I go ahead and make my own banner or can I only use the banners they provide?

ABW Ambassador
    Does Shareasale have the ability for me to provide this on the Shareasale site or would I need to offer this on my site and include the affiliate links in the content?
    Bob, as a merchant you can put up your text links and upload your banners, so affiliates can pick up what they need for linking right at the Shareasale site.

That's easier and quicker to do than it would be to have to go to the merchant's site. The affiliate is logged in, and when they get the code for the links, their affiliate code is automatically put into the links for tracking purposes.

webworker:

>>>Bob, as a merchant you can put up your text links and upload your banners, so affiliates can pick up what they need for linking right at the Shareasale site.

Well I did that much research that I know that can be done. That wasn't one of my questions : )

>>>That's easier and quicker to do than it would be to have to go to the merchant's site.

I agree.

>>>The affiliate is logged in, and when they get the code for the links, their affiliate code is automatically put into the links for tracking purposes.

This I understand also.

You may want to take another look at my questions : )

ABW Ambassador
    As a merchant I would like to give my affiliates the option of placing marketing content (as a blog entry, as an article page, or a SEO optimized landing page that would get Search Engine traffic) on their site.
    People put content and links wherever on their sites it fits and best does the job. If you want to prepare content to have available for people to use on their sites, why not?

webworker:

>>>People put content and links wherever on their sites it fits and best does the job. If you want to prepare content to have available for people to use on their sites, why not?

Er, that was not the question.

Here let me post the question for you below : )

Statement: As a merchant I would like to give my affiliates the option of placing marketing content (as a blog entry, as an article page, or a SEO optimized landing page that would get Search Engine traffic) on their site.

Question: Does Shareasale have the ability for me to provide this on the Shareasale site or would I need to offer this on my site and include the affiliate links in the content?
    You make a commet on my statement leading up to my question and not on my question : )

I thought your question had already been answered by the first person to reply. You can place any amount of text on the SAS system to be picked up by affiliates. And it is much easier for affiliates to pick it up there rather than have to access your site to do it.

If that wasn't an answer to your question ... well ... I am only just awake

Sue.

Staril:

>>>You can place any amount of text on the SAS system to be picked up by affiliates.

Thanks. I have seen where you can post numerous banners on SAS. So is it in the same area that you place your text.

Also do you have an example of that being done by an merchant affiliate. I didn't see any when I look though the different merchants that are over there.

>>>And it is much easier for affiliates to pick it up there rather than have to access your site to do it.

That would be for sure.

I am guessing I can put together text and put the links in the text that when clicked though would take the visitor via the SAS affilaite system to the landing page I select?

Also when the affiliates pick up that content the links would include there code?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread