ABW Ambassador
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I wanted to reduce my max cost per click on an adwords campaign from .11 to .09.. and I set it at .90 by mistake.

120$ gone overnight

I suppose noone hsa had luck contacting google about something like this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Javi
    I suppose noone hsa had luck contacting google about something like this right?
    I do not think they will return anything of it to you, Javi. They've done their work (delivered the traffic) and there is not way to "undo" it.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah I know

BTW, this campaign use to convert at about 10% with a CJ epc of $28-$30. At 90 cents it only got 3 sales out of 172 clicks with an epc of about $4

Looks like being first hurts conversion rate

Quote Originally Posted by Javi
    Yeah I know

BTW, this campaign use to convert at about 10% with a CJ epc of $28-$30. At 90 cents it only got 3 sales out of 172 clicks with an epc of about $4

Looks like being first hurts conversion rate
    Yeah, i've yet to have anything I've promoted do well in the first three positions. I've had a whole lotta love in the late positions, anywhere from 7 and up on the first page, and top 2 to 3 on the second.

Go figure..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    You have your daily budget set that high?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

that sucks. think of how many people get screwed when they first set an account...you know like it is when you first arrive on the page to set bets and it's already defaulted to like $49.00 a click....it could of been much worse. the sad part of it is that even though you well overpaid the value of what you are promoting...there is no chance i think of getting it back without in the least arriving on some 5hitlist. id just be careful moreso next time. ive screwed up bigger than that.

Doubt if anything positive would result from telling them, but if it doesn't make any sense that you would have put it at that amount and looks to them that it's an obvious mistake, couldn't hurt to ask them about it. (Obviously I've never done any of the ppc yet and definitely not as naive as it probably appears I am for saying what I said. lol but you never know. Maybe the person you talk to might be in a really good mood that day or something.....yea I know, I doubt if this would happen but still couldn't hurt. ) I 'm sorry it happened but don't be hard on yourself. Everybody makes little boo boos at times and you're entitled to make yours just like the rest of us.
    Since you're a super member, no doubt you'll make up for that loss pretty quickly. Hope so

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I was able to get a refund, but my boo-boo was bigger (about a year ago).

I meant to set something to .20 and set it to 20. instead. Even though my daily budget was set at a reasonable amount, it let the clicks go through in the tune of hundreds and hundreds of dollars per day over the course of a few days. (hadn't checked my account over the weekend at all and didn't catch it for a few days)

I disabled it and contacted them right away and pointed out why would I set it to that when I have never, in the whole life of my account paid over .60 per click?

They looked at my account history and cleared those click charges from my account.

Needless to say I triple check EVERYTHING now when I change something.
    Last edited by ~Michelle; June 5th, 2006 at 10:13 AM. Reason: :-)
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    Wow! This is encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle

I meant to set something to .20 and set it to 20. instead. Even though my daily budget was set at a reasonable amount, it let the clicks go through in the tune of hundreds and hundreds of dollars per day over the course of a few days. (hadn't checked my account over the weekend at all and didn't catch it for a few days)

I disabled it and contacted them right away and pointed out why would I set it to that when I have never, in the whole life of my account paid over .60 per click?

They looked at my account history and cleared those click charges from my account.

Needless to say I triple check EVERYTHING now when I change something.
    Good grief! They'd have to carry me out on a stretcher. I could live with a dollar (or two) per click as a mistake, but not 20.

Really glad to hear that they were able to rectify the situation (as I'm sure you are too).
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If you spend enough $$ with them, they will usualy credit you. In my last position, we had an error in our feed and we spent like $500 in 1 night. They credited us the full amount.

ABW Ambassador
    I feel like a total newb. I've been doing PPC since Overture was GoTo and Adwords didn't even exist. I can't beleive I made that stupid mistake.

I'll let you guys know what happens when they get back to me. The daily limit was set to $100, I hope they at least refund the $20 they overdelivered.

Lesson learned: Keep the daily limit to a reasonable amount!

Sorry to hear that happened to you. If it makes you feel better, I know of a merchant who accidentally did something like that and was missing $1500 whoppers in 2 days. Google wouldn't give them their money back either.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Hiya Liz!

Long time no see! I hope things are going well for you.
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Good grief! They'd have to carry me out on a stretcher. I could live with a dollar (or two) per click as a mistake, but not 20.

Really glad to hear that they were able to rectify the situation (as I'm sure you are too).
    Let me tell you... when I first logged into my account I about fell out of my chair!

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Animal Lover
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle...

Hope it works out for you Javi

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle...

Hope it works out for you Javi

Oscar
    overture is more flexible when it comes to this...

anyway, just make a strong case. show some historic results saying u have been spending $x per day and now, ur accidenally spent $xxx

I forgot to mention.

I once bought some sponsored text ads from Google. This was a bit back however...before Adwords ect. Anyway the traffic was so lame and the charges so high I demanded a refund and they gave it to me without much hassle. That is to say I only got a two sentence argument before they agreed to a refund.

Maybe they will have empathy. Give it a shot.

This reminds me of a friend's experience. She was just starting out on AdWords and accidentally made some huge bids on major keywords. Before she knew it she had spent $900 and earned nothing. Fortunately her daily budget was set to around $1 so they automatically refunded the difference.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Gave it a try, they say they are sorry, but won't do anything about it. I'll shoot them another mail in case it works but I doubt it.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread