Using ImageMagick to modify image files after download
    I found this free tool called ImageMagick which I plan to use in conjunction with WGet. One of the features of ImageMagick is a tool called "Mogrify", where I can batch resize images using the command line.

Has anyone used something like this? My question is: Mogrify only works on single images (or) will work on several images at once, but only if they're in the same directory. This stinks for me as the merchant I want to work with has their images all stored with the same name in the datafeed, but in different directories, if that makes sense.

If you've worked with it, can "Mogrify" be used to traverse directories, and find the image files to work with? I've tried all kinds of combinations, including DOS commands such as "DIR" and "FIND" in conjunction with "Mogrify", but no luck.

Or, is there another similar tool out there that can possibly traverse a directory structure like this? Something such as globbing or the like? I'm trying to stay away from programming the ImageMagick tool into another program if I can. If not, I imagine it's something I can do later.

Any help or suggestions of other tools would be wonderful!

Thanks!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

If no one uses ImageMagick, is there another batch image software (mainly for resizing) that you use?

I haven't figured out a way to do batch resizes with images that are stored in different directories (all under one main directory) - short of programming the tool into another app.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread