What assurance do we have that LMI's JavaScript will work?
    What assurance from CJ do we have that LMI and JavaScript will work?

Word has it that CJ has not tested the JavaScript link system with any affiliates or merchants (which could explain why all of us, including merchants, were in the dark about this) but have only been testing it internally for the last several months.

I’m sorry, but that is just not good enough for me. This sounds way too much like LinkShare implementing the SynergyAnalytics system without proper field testing. And that’s a small thing (as it is just reporting) compared to making everyone change all their links to JavaScript, especially when it is has not been properly tested. CJ’s claim (on PodCast, I believe) that they will provide “benchmark testing” results once it is implemented is BS! What good will that do us after we’ve all switched our links…and then find we are not making as much.

CJ needs to think about proper field testing of this before they mandate that everyone try this. I have several dozen sites and I would be willing to do some “benchmark testing” with some of those sites prior to implementation, especially with some of my top merchants. But I’m not going to change my links over blindly after the June date without some kind of proof all of this will benefit me….just ain’t gonna happen! I’d sooner move those links to another network that has a proven link system than blindly try CJ’s new JavaScript system.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Tested or not, I will never replace text links on my sites with JavaScript.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think that that's the whole reason for the grandfather clause....let the new guys test it before current users HAVE to. Beta test via the new.

Note to myself: June 5, 2006

I may or may not replace text links on my sites with JavaScript on the near future, it all will depend on what's in it for me, and on what negative effect I might see on my pages when the times come.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    I think that that's the whole reason for the grandfather clause....let the new guys test it before current users HAVE to. Beta test via the new.
    Without us grandfathered affiliates making changes, just how are we going to know that these changes work? Newbies who are required to use the new JS links are just that, newbies, and don't have the experience or track record to demonstrate that these links work. Oh, heck, yes, they will have success of some kind, but there will be no way to analyze that data accurately. CJ can "benchmark test" all they want, but the only way to accurately see the results would be if we experienced affiliates all changed our links at once and, sorry, we are just a little too experienced to go and do something like that.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Recently they did a bit of research and determined that the egg can before the chicken.
    ( http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TECH/sci...egg/index.html )

This may be of interest as we find out if the JS comes before a change in posture, or if a more intelligent approach prevails.

Agreed Ron

Do you all remember when we used to (and still do) say....this and that Linkshare fiasco? I sure hope in six months we are not refering to this as the CJ JavaScript fiasco or the LMI fiasco, but the way this is being put out to everyone without any other options, even to the merchants, i'm having a big deja vu feeling.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread