RE; virtual imagination (makers of computer monitoring security software

Here is a copy of my letter to them. I hope none of you guys make these same mistakes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And NO the form never did work!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I would have bought your product except for the following no-no's: 1. no address or phone contact, only means of contact being an on-line "form". 2. no mention of a guarantee 3. no mention of where you even are geographically.
    I am an online merchant and web designer and these are the biggest no-no's in the industry. You committed them all. What is there to hide?? p.s. and so-far this "form" isn't even working...i'll try a few more times<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> :mad:

Let me be specific here. This is a RETAIL merchant. I know two merchants who provide SERVICES (web hosting, etc) who use online forms and they provide me with some of the best service I've ever had.)
    But when you are buying a THING, which may or may not work, that is a different story.

I hope I headed off a few flames at the pass.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: 807 ]

ABW Ambassador
    Doug,
    Unfortunately, many businesses are like this now...Granted some of us give more contact info than them, but I had considered one time setting an on-line contact system so I could avoid the amount of spam I get from posting e-mail addresses. Currently, this system is only in use by our support staff so all support issues can be handled promptly. One thing I noticed about their site (other than the form not working) is a lot of pages were unavailable. I got in and clicked around. Not sure how long they have been around, but doesn't look to established...

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread