Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Father's Day Spending: $9 billion
    I love the National Retail Federation, they always come out with great consumer behavior insights that almost always spur new marketing ideas...thought y'all might be interested in the following from a recent press release:

Washington DC, May 22, 2006 – Retailers everywhere are gearing up for the only holiday in which wacky ‘World’s Greatest Dad’ neckties, golf clubs and barbeque sets prove to be thoughtful gifts. According to the NRF 2006 Father’s Day Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, conducted by BIGresearch, spending on Father’s Day this year is anticipated to reach $9.0 billion*, up from last year’s $8.2 billion. When it comes to spending on gifts for Dad, the average person is expected to spend $88.80, compared to the $122.16 spent earlier this year on Mom.

*Estimate based on total extrapolation of U.S. adults 18 and over (222.9 million)
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Any suggestions on goodprograms to promote for Father's Day?

I guess spending will only increase with the years to come as the population is increasing. As the population increases you will have more fathers and mothers to give gifts to. Lol
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

Hi Carolyn - thanks for posting this interesting little tidbit. Year over year, Father's Day has been getting busier and busier around here.

Jack - We have a huge selection of gifts for Father's Day that you can check out HERE . No matter what Dad's interests are, we have baskets for every taste and budget! Priced from just $21 and up. Specifically, we have gifts in the following categories:
    *Gift Baskets (food, grilling, handy man, racing, sports themes & more)
    *Cookie Gifts (Fresh-baked gourmet cookies in many themes)
    *Candy Bouquets (some with Happy Father's Day balloons)
    *Golf Themed Gifts
    *Fishing Themed Gifts
    *Engraved Gifts (pocket knives, lighters, cuff links & more)

We are also running a Father's Day Special for $5 off all our golf baskets - you can download the dynamic banners from your SAS interface as they will change with the season/holiday/current sale.

--------------------------------------------
    Janice Smith
    All About Gifts & Baskets
    www.aagiftsandbaskets.com
    Contact Janice

13% Commission | 90 day cookies | Product Datafeed | Quarterly Bonus Program
    Join the AAGB Affiliate Program Today!

Janice

Can you update the SAS datafeed / Make a Page with the Father's Day products as are mentioned in your web site. Father / Dad related products seem to be missing.

Xion -
    Your wish is my command A revised datafeed is now available. I had the tech guy update the feed to add a few more Father's Day items. I also had him put in more keywords to the search field so that affiliates can narrow down the results more easily. At some point, I am planning to have him use one of the custom fields to give exact category suggestions.

After playing around a bit with the Make A Page feature for affiliates, I found that you can make the best Father's Day page by using the following 4 search terms: Father, Men, Sport, Golf. Be sure to set the search term type to Union (or) and you might want to exclude the terms women & retirement so that you don't get that extra stuff.

When you do all of the above, you should get a page with 30 of our best-selling Father's Day and Men's Gift Items. Just e-mail me if you have questions.
    ---------------------------
    Janice Smith
    All About Gifts & Baskets
    www.aagiftsandbaskets.com
    Contact Janice

13% Commission | 90 day cookies | Product Datafeed | Quarterly Bonus Program
    Join the AAGB Affiliate Program Today!

Thanks for the fast response. Appreciated.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread