Lightbulb Birthdays Are Not Enough!
    That's right, "Birthdays Are Not Enough!"

For many of us without a saint that have our name, we can only celebrate one day a year for ourselves because that day, is our Birthday.

So, since there are not enough saints around to cover everyone else's names, I have an idea on how we all can squeeze one more extra day out of the year for ourselves, and be able to have a valid excuse to celebrate our existence on this planet two times a year.

We already celebrate the anniversaries of the day on which we were born, but we should also be able to celebrate the anniversaries of the day on which we were made.

For example, those that were born on January 1st:

Should be able to celebrate their Birthdays on January 1st, and their madedays on May 1st.

Think about it, we spend nine months on the oven, so even if we were Born in China, we probably were Made in Taiwan.

Even if anyone one disagree with the idea of having a madeday party, I would suggest that someone go and buy madedays.com while it's still available, any madeday domain name will be worth a lot of money one day, so go and buy one now, before the cybersquatting guys beat you to it.

Btw, don't forget about the new Madedays Cards niche pages, coming soon to the search engine of your choice.

made day ... interesting idea --- but how do we really know our real made day? I was late, supposed to be born on Dec 19th 1967 .... so my "made date" would be Feb 19th 1967 but I was actually born on Jan 10th 1968.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    made day ... interesting idea --- but how do we really know our real made day? I was late, supposed to be born on Dec 19th 1967 .... so my "made date" would be Feb 19th 1967 but I was actually born on Jan 10th 1968.
    First of all, you were not late, you just didn't want to arrive on the last days of the Sagittarius sign of the zodiac, because you wanted to be a Capricorn.

And as a Capricorn you know that we're never late, we just get there when we get there as long as we get there in time.

So, since you were born on Jan 10th, you actual "made date" would still may be March 19th, but you can use May 10th too.

Now, don't try to complicate this extra party idea with the issues of those that were born premature, or born late, because then we can start a fight about those that were born on February 29 on a leap year.

Remember that anyone born on a February 29, are supposed to celebrate a new birthday only every four years, but they know better than that, and always manage to eat some cake on the 28th of February of the other three years.

Haiko,

I was late, supposed to be born on Dec 19th 1967 .... so my "made date" would be Feb 19th 1967
    If you were born on Dec 19th, nine months back would be March 19th and not Feb 19th.

You just have confused me on the dates, this is the second time that I had to edit this post.

Last edited by Mr. Sal; June 6th, 2006 at 04:10 AM. Reason: To fix the "made date" dates. :-(

Another option to get your exact made date (without asking your dad), go back nine months from your date of birth and look for another special date round about then that your parents might have been "celebrating". Wedding aniversary? Christmas? Major power cut?

ABW Ambassador
    "Should be able to celebrate their Birthdays on January 1st, and their madedays on May 1st."

Somebody popped out a month early.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Should be able to celebrate their Birthdays on January 1st, and their madedays on May 1st."

Somebody popped out a month early.
    Thank You Trust,

I can see now that even after all the editing, I still managed to have the dates wrong.

Should be able to celebrate their Birthdays on January 1st, and their madedays on May 1st.

That example should read:

For example, those that were born on January 1st:

Should be able to celebrate their Birthdays on January 1st, and their madedays on April 1st.

So thanks again Trust, I made a fool of my self for not checking the calendar dates before I posted, which by coincidence would have given me the April 1st date, (the day of the fools,) as the correct date.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    In my family we celebrate "name days" for the day our parents named us.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread