How did everyone do for sales on Valentines Day? I sent a lot of vistors to some merchants and got no sales. One was Flowers Across America,nothing.
    Gerry

Traffic on the 13th and 14th was the worst in months, and managed to sell only 2 boxes of chocolates.

Flowers? Never sold a bouquet before. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Wan

ABW Ambassador
    Did absolutely fabulous with Valentine's gifties, okay with some GiftTree stuff (not flowers, though) and am now deader than a doornail.

edited to say: But my high day was Feb 12, the 13 was decent, the 14th just barely "ok".

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Cedric ]

ABW Ambassador
    Pre Valentine's Day was great, Awesome, no complaints. Post Valentine's day including the 14th. Totally sucks.....I feel like yelling Turn on the tracking...... Hopefully Monday things will get back to normal or pre Valentine's day status...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The couple of weeks Pre-Valentine's Day was Rose-y, better than Christmas, I'm talkin' RECORD TERRITORY!!!

On the day itself, I managed to sell a couple of gift baskets & some flowers, but by then almost everybody who was going to buy had done it in the weeks prior.

The day after was pretty slow, and now it seems like almost everyone within buying range is sphinxed out in front of the TV watching the Olympics. I would expect more sales on Monday when people are at work with no TVs but WITH computers available...however I don't figure it'll be anything special. The Olympics is about the biggest sale-killer around!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Olympics is about the biggest sale-killer around!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm hoping they aren't a sale-killer, just a sale-delayer!

Valentines Day was blah...but the day after was one of my best ever and since then sales have been great and not for belated Valentines Day gifts either!

Flowers, I don't know why I bother putting up the links, in 4 years of marketing online, I've never even sold one bouquet of flowers....having said that, one will probably come in out of nowhere!

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, I've sold a number of bouquets of flowers, but cookies? Nada. I've talked to merchants about their best selling cookies, I've gotten decent SE rankings for some popular cookie selling terms and nothing, not one single cookie.

(posting on the theory that this will cause sales... if this doesn't work, I'll take down all my cookie links -- that way I'm sure to sell at least one order within minutes of removing them -- never fails.)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL, that reminds me of my "Almost surefire way to cause rain!"

First, water the lawn. If it doesn't rain then, wash the car. If it STILL doesn't rain, then and only then is it a certifiable drought!

Conversely, to stop rain instantly, decide to wash your hair with rainwater (the point being to get really soft hair). Get your hair all wet in the rain and then put the shampoo on. The rain will stop.

Make sure there's no lightning if you want to stop rain that way, of course! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

LOL...my theory too but I still haven't sold any flowers!!!

I especially love it when I decide "that's it, had enough, not selling rip 'em out" and the first thing you notice when checking your search results is suddenly the product is in demand.
    There are times when I suspect my return visitors do this to throw me in a frenzy and see how long it takes me to put the links back up!
    Never a boring moment in this business [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ...haven't sold squat for a week! Phtew!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread