Will this work??
    I am wanting to use a jump.php script to redirect some affiliate links.
    I have only done one link and had to get rid of all the info from the affiliate link except this to get it to redirect to the merchants site.

if($_GET['m'] == "1") {$link = "http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=xxxxxxxxxxx&offerid=66528.90561&type=2&subid=0";}

I am showing the hits when I run a report at linkshare.

Is it ok that I ditched the other info from the link I got from linkshare?
    Will I still get credit for a sale if the customer goes deeper into the merchants site hunting something else?
    Is there a better way to go about this?

Any input appreciated.
    Kirk

I've read and read and still can't find an answer. I get that if the clicks are showing up it must be working but I would feel better if a more experienced affiliate would give some input even if it's no dumb ass that wont work!

I'm want to change my links and see if it will help my sale any. I read where Snib uses a php and mysql deal but that's over my head. It took me long enough to get the "easy"jump.php redirect to work.

-Kirk

Yes, it'll work. all of the junk (mainly the 1x1 pixel image) that you find aside from the main link is to simply track impressions only, not clickthroughs or sales. The main link, like you have above, is the meat, and it tracks sales just fine.

I use that format with most of my sites, as I track my clicks and the like through a software called ClickTracker (by FocalMedia). It's also a redirector, and free.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Thanks MoneyBuisness for the reply. Now I have my work cut out for me to changed all my links.

Thanks again for your reply I didn't think anyone was going to help.

Kirk

Anytime. It may take a while to get an answer, but most folks here at ABW are very helpful, and will help if they can.

Take care.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread