iPower Web Hosting - Reversals
    iPower Web Hosting just reversed every sale I had going back to May.

And when I click on the detail for each transaction, all it says is "Other"

Webhosting companies are notorious for doing so. I have read several threads here at ABW that have said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    Webhosting companies are notorious for doing so. I have read several threads here at ABW that have said the same thing.
    Yeah, but EVERY transaction? I hope CJ asks questions when they see behavior like this.

I emailed the AM -- Let's see if he responds in a timely manner.

It would be nice if I get *every* tranasction reversed they could send me an email exlaining why.

Red face
    Web Hosting companies have the highest reversal rate in affiliate industry so I dropped them long time ago.

I tried that outfit a long time ago. I used a card I had with a proxy name on it myself to get an account thru an affiliate link and they reversed it.

Seems so many outfits have scamming you already in their business model...and yes, hosting deals are by far the worse....yea, it's usually due to fraud alright.

Can Them.

Quote Originally Posted by 8millions
    Web Hosting companies have the highest reversal rate in affiliate industry so I dropped them long time ago.
    yeah, but not all hosting companies
    Last edited by MichaelColey; June 7th, 2006 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Removed Manual Signature

Agreed. Still stereotypes are sometimes necessary (Common Sense). Some are just way too damn blatant. Ball bat to the head (Did someone hit me?) Ball bat to the head (Did someone hit me?). How much does it take to see a duck for being a duck?

Some of us are not as dumb as they thinks we am.

I haven't gotten into the hosting arena yet, from the looks of it, it's a tough cookie to work with...

Melty, that stinks that you had every commission reversed so far. Let us know what the merchant says, I'm curious as to the reasoning behind it too..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Oh, let me add that the reversals WERE NOT web hosting reversals. Fortunately, I have not sold web hosting with them.

Ther reversals came from domain name sales - The $10 per domain sale commission.

And no, I was not buying domain names through my links!

ipower told me one $10 commission per customer

apparently, one of their customers had made multiple purchases over time and had my cookie

so even if they buy 10 domains over 30 days, i still only get $10.

I am dropping them!

Yeah hosting companies suck thats why I leased my hosting page.
    600 for a year

hosting companies
    not all companies are like that. easycgi is a good one. they do not reverse any fees. the only time they do this if the account that was signed up was a fraud account. they have the highest payout for web hosts as well. its up to a $110 per sale now. check them out, they are pretty easy to work with, hence the name i guess.

so you are going around spamming easycgi? Just for that I wouldn't promote them and I will recomend everyone not to promote them either.

Quote Originally Posted by jchawla2345
    easycgi is a good one.

they do not reverse any fees.
    this is not true.
    [URL="tinyurl.com/p4wpj"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdWords [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="tinyurl.com/hphom"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]Commission Junction [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="http://tinyurl.com/nh6fc"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdSense[/COLOR] Community[/URL]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread