Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    An apparently nasty program
    I received an email from a friend asking me for my opinion on a program they signed up with called (www.)TheMoneyQueue(.com). I looked at it, but without signing up with it, I could not figure out too much about it. However, it sounded to me like it essentually takes over your computer and uses it as a slave server (is that the right term?). At best, I am guessing it loads down your computer with every spyware/adware program known to exist.

Does anyone know anything about this program so I can tell my friend intelligently why I would not be about to touch it.

I told them my suspicions and warned them to stay away from it.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    Have no idea but it looks like one of those crap high yield investment type programs.

Right now it's:
    Site currently down for maintenance. Please check back later.

Could be one of those paid-to-surf pyramid schemes that keep popping up?

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Right now it's:
    Site currently down for maintenance. Please check back later.
    That figures. Right when I'm trying to get some feedback on it.

Could be one of those paid-to-surf pyramid schemes that keep popping up?
    That's one possibility I considered, but it talks about coming home from work and seeing how far you have "moved up the queue". Of course, if you have other people surfing for you, then I suppose you wouldn't have to be sitting in front of the computer for it to work once you got some people to sign up under you. However, paid to surf programs have been around for some time and if that is what it does, why don't they simply say so?
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I ran a check on various spyware sites and the Better Business Bureau but came up with nothing.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Domain / DNS hidden behind privacy shield (like DomainsByProxy) called Dynadot.

It's an autosurfing applet:
    http://www.themoneyqueue.com/howitworks.html

Set your computer so it "views" ads...
    "Here are the rules: 1. No pop-up blocking software."
    "Imagine coming home from work and rushing to the computer to see where you are in the queue"
    "The Money Queue is the easiest $250.00 you'll ever make! The Money Queue is supported completely by it's advertisers, which makes it 100% free to you! Once you enter the Money Queue, you only have to keep the site window open on your PC until you get to the front of the queue, we then pay you $250.00 via PayPal! You can check your position in the queue at any time!"

So you allow your computer to be the viewing end of advertising fraud, in exchange for the tease that you might earn some money.

Along the way, they also monetize it with fraudulent lead generation...
    "Now you can skip to the very center of the Money Queue, just for filling out a quick survey."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They need a huge blinking sign on their frontpage.... "TURN IN HERE TO GET SCREWED". Idiots will assume it must be the place to get free sex.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I've never seen an autosurf that WASN'T a scam.

It was just created in April of this year, so it hasn't been around for too long. The anonymous registration is a red flag, although I know a lot of affliates use anonymous registrations too.

Autosurf advertising is worthless - I woudn't pay money to have a PC show an ad while no-one was sitting there, and neither would anyone else. It's about the least targetted traffic you can get. I'd sooner spend a few cents with Google to get a visitor who's really interested. So.. if no-one in their right minds would BUY autosurf traffic, then where does the money come from, eh?
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread