Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thumbs up Blueprint to Affiliate Success
    Affiliate Marketing Success Blueprint

Discover how to attract more customers, steam roll your competitors, and make more sales with your affiliate program.

Welcome to my ten step blueprint to affiliate marketing success. I will add a new chapter every few days. Below is what you can expect in this blueprint:

1. Affiliate Marketing Overview
    2. Introduction to Affiliate Marketing
    3. Checklist Before Starting an Affiliate Program
    4. Developing your Affiliate Program Strategy
    5. Ways to improve your Affiliate Program
    6. Setting your Affiliate Program apart from your Competitors
    7. Communicating with your Affiliates
    8. Affiliate Recruitment Strategies
    9. Understanding and segmenting your Affiliate Partner
    10.The Future of Affiliate Marketing

So lets get started with today’s chapter entitled “Affiliate Marketing Overview“

Affiliate Marketing Overview - From DeanHunt.com

Affiliate marketing is the ultimate low risk, high leverage, high return business model.

Affiliate Marketing is an amazing concept which can transform a business if implemented correctly.

Affiliate marketing or “Traffic Partner” marketing allows a business to hire hundreds of virtual staff, making up a sales force who work day and night promoting your products or services.

The benefits of having a successful Affiliate Marketing are endless and include the ability to:

*Advertise for FREE all over the Internet, cast your net wider, and increase your business awareness in the marketplace.

*Boost your sales with Recommendations from Third Parties. Media and Advertising are analysed, and seen as sceptical in today’s world so getting recommendations from real people about your products and services is better than any advertising or Press Release.

*Increase your Reach and exposure of each Advertising Campaign that you implement – a good marketing department incorporates all mediums of marketing when delivering a message.

*Only pay Affiliates for Marketing when they deliver you sales therefore only ever pay for performance.

*Instantly Capitalise on your Affiliates Search Engine Ranking, and their database of loyal followers.

Leading companies, who have begun realising the potential of affiliate programs are beginning to see 30 – 40 % of there revenue being generated by affiliates.

The closely guarded secrets that these Companies don’t want to tell you about their affiliate programs could be the key to you unlocking the same exponential rise in profits they have seen.

Not understanding the two key secrets is what holds most affiliate programs back, but today I will tell you If you promise that you will take action, and change how your affiliate program is being run. These secrets will ensure you recruit the best affiliates, keep them happy, and retain their loyalty.

DeanHunt.com Tip #1 – Treat your Affiliates like Employees. Encourage them, train them, and align them with your business.

DeanHunt.com Tip #2 – Communicate and build a relationship with your Affiliates. Understand their business, get feedback from them, and provide them with the resources they want.

So if you’re finally ready to get serious about making money with your Affiliate Program then keep an eye on this thread and I will explain in detail my proven system for executing these secrets.

I think you'll find many affiliates here who disagree with the attitude represented in these statements:

Quote Originally Posted by DeanHunt.com
    Affiliate marketing or “Traffic Partner” marketing allows a business to hire hundreds of virtual staff, making up a sales force who work day and night promoting your products or services.

Advertise for FREE all over the Internet, cast your net wider, and increase your business awareness in the marketplace.

DeanHunt.com Tip #1 – Treat your Affiliates like Employees. Encourage them, train them, and align them with your business.
    I'm looking forward to some of your other articles, but you're way off base on this one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    >>Treat your Affiliates like Employees

That is going to go over HERE like we are all looking for a J*B in the UK

It seems that the main part that you disagree with is "Treat your Affiliates like Employees"

What I mean by this is that you should'nt just take your affiliates for granted. Some affiliates will be fairly new to the game and will therefore appreciate some basic tips and training. It also means that you should value their input, ideas and suggestions.

It could have been worded better but I stand by it.

Thanks for the input.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Maybe I'm not in the loop around here, but does Dean Hunt have a forum here? How is this not SPAM?

Sheri

Maybe I'm not in the loop around here, but does Dean Hunt have a forum here? How is this not SPAM?
    There are no live links in the article and it is 100% ontopic. I left mentions of my url in the article so that if people decide to publish it elsewhere then I get some credit for my work. I don't think that is unfair to ask.

The blog is free, my advice is free, I don't have seminars, ebooks or any other garbage to promote. I don't even have ads on my blog.

Like I said, I don't know all of the rules. I figured if you got comments from Michael and Andy that didn't mention it that you were fine, I was just curious.

Sheri

ABW Ambassador
    I vote that we let Leader decide...

It seems that the main part that you disagree with is "Treat your Affiliates like Employees"

What I mean by this is that you should'nt just take your affiliates for granted. Some affiliates will be fairly new to the game and will therefore appreciate some basic tips and training. It also means that you should value their input, ideas and suggestions.

It could have been worded better but I stand by it.
    Then why not reword it on your blog? Substitute "employees" with "partners" or some such. It's a ridiculous statement as it stands.

I have taken the advice from this thread and I would like to point out that I wasn't aware of the very strict rules on this forum. I appreciate that this forum is very popular and therefore a strict policy on spamming is essential. My aim was to give useful debates and information to the members and perhaps even get a few backlinks for my hard work. However, I now can see how this forum works and I will make sure that I adapt any future posts to work alongside these rules.

Getting back to the purpose of this thread:

I have taken the advice of Steele and re-written the statement as follows:

Treat your Affiliates like partners. Encourage them, train them, and align them with your business. Don't just take them for granted or put them to one side. Make sure that they know that you are there to help with any problems they may have.

Thumbs down
    Affiliate Marketing Success Blueprint
    Treat your Affiliates like Employees?

=

Johnny Paycheck

Take this job and shove it,
    I ain't workin' here no more.

Mr Sal: as i have already mentioned I have re-written that part of the article as follows:

Treat your Affiliates like partners. Encourage them, train them, and align them with your business. Don't just take them for granted or put them to one side. Make sure that they know that you are there to help with any problems they may have.
    I know first hand that affiliates HATE being called "employees", but this article was written as a way of getting business owners with no knowledge of the affiliate industry to start an affiliate program. We did a LOT of research and we had a much higher success when we told business owners that they would get virtual employees from an affiliate program.

however, I obviously should have re-worded it before posting it on an AFFILIATE forum my mistake.

ABW Ambassador
    Hold on.

"DeanHunt.com Tip #1 – Treat your Affiliates like Employees."

I just woke up, haven't had the Mountain Dew yet, but I stopped right there.

"So if you’re finally ready to get serious about making money with your Affiliate Program then keep an eye on this thread and I will explain in detail my proven system for executing these secrets."

Are you a successful Affiliate Manager or do Affiliate Marketing full time?

This is an affiliate forum, we're affiliates and merchants. I'm still trying to figure out the goal here. Is it to participate in the forum or just to eventually get the sig driving traffic to your blog? We have plenty of people here with sigs and stuff but they are people that participate on a wide variety of topics.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    "We did a LOT of research"
    Who is we? Domains By Proxy registered...

"My aim was to give useful debates and information to the members and perhaps even get a few backlinks for my hard work."
    Perhaps you strolled into the wrong community, we're not a great place to claim guru status by offering the how to's... we're on the savvy end of the spectrum. It's plain that you're not:
    http://www.top25web.com/bbs/-vp9958.html
    http://www.coolwebsiteideas.com/2005...o-connect.html
    http://wordpress.org/support/profile/25371

ABW Ambassador
    Alright thanks Donuts, just took a look at those blogs. Maybe better listening than trying to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri

Sheri
    IMHO it is. Walking a VERY fine line.....

12 posts - and he/she is telling us how to be a success in AF?
    Who is this person? What makes him/her an authority?
    Ebudae

I say, before ABW members discount/hang him(!), we should give Dean a chance to explain why he is qualified to offer advice to affiliates/managers.

Personally, I find it admirable if he's truly trying to offer good help and advice, but it's hard to know that right now since he's new here.
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

haha,

You guys really are over reacting to someone trying to share some information.

I will try and give you a bit more on my background and then perhaps it may answer some of your questions.

I am fairly young (24 years young) and have been a successful affiliate. ( I own a couple of larger sites that have done well for me and I learned a lot from working on those sites over the past five years. My main areas of interest are marketing, online marketing and SEO. My weaknesses are programming, coding and posting on abestweb

I make my living from doing SEO consulting and helping run projects around the world. I also occasionally do small fun projects with my younger brother (as Donuts has found) these projects are just fun and rarely get finished, but I have a re-seller so we always put them on my account.

I took an interest in affiliate marketing approx one year ago and I have done as much reading, testing, listening etc as possible since then.

Am I an expert at affiliate marketing? certainly not. Nor did I ever claim to be.

I do consider myself very good at marketing, SEO and I feel my ideas and creativity are second to none.

So Dean, why are you posting articles that give the impression you are a guru if you are young and have only been in the affiliate game for 12 months?

This is where I need to mention something that I conveniently forgot to mention in previous posts

I actually helped with the blueprint to affiliate success. All of the research and most of the concept was done by a team of experts. I could end this petty arguement right now by giving you an idea of the calibre of this team, but quite frankly it is none of your business.

I am good friends with one of the people in this team and we are launching some major projects over the coming months. He asks me for SEO and general promotional advice and I ask as many affiliate marketing questions as possible in a bid to one day become an expert. I like to think of this person as a mentor as he is one of the best I have seen.

I was running a little low on material for my blog and therefore the team gave me full permission to post the ten step blueprint on my blog. I thought it would start a good debate and therefore benefit this forum and possibly even my blog. However, I posted it before making some critical changes to the article.

The article was created to be sent to merchants and business owners. It has been tested and worked very well. As i have said many times already, it was made to give business owners who are new to affiliate marketing a chance to get a better understanding of the industry. Who it was tested on etc is once again none of your business (nor mine).

I hope this clears things up, although I doubt it will. If the article gave the impression that I think I am an expert then GOOD, that is what it was designed for. But it clearly was not made for affiliate eyes.

Anyway, I will refrain from posting future articles on this forum. I will try and continue to contribute and I thank you for your feedback.

Hopefully the above should put an end to this nonsense.

I will copy and paste the above info and put it on my "about me" page of my blog so that no-one else thinks that I am an affiliate guru.

I will still try and contribute to this forum though, there are some big names on here and as I said above I try and do as much learning as possible.

I have learnt a HELL OF A LOT over the past 12-18 months and this has been due to working and learning 18 hours per day 7 days per week. I really didn't have a clue what I was doing two years ago, but now I make a very nice living from my online knowledge. I also am buying a house in Madrid with my spanish señorita (Elena) and I signed a huge freelance deal yesterday. All of this has probably meant that I have appeared as a little arrogant during the past 24 hours. I genuinly feel on top of the world right now and therefore am not going to apologise for feeling great.

Apologies once again for the mix-up.

Glad to hear you're going to stick around! I hope to see you posting about the things that you are knowledgeable about.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Glad to hear you're going to stick around! I hope to see you posting about the things that you are knowledgeable about.
    Thanks Michael. I am knowledgable about affiliate marketing, I am not an expert though. The article wasn't fully my work and by forgetting to change a few words it made the article sound crazy.

I wont post the remaining 9 chapters on here, but I still think that it is an excellent piece of work.

Anyway, thread closed. I wont be answering any more questions on this thread, I have given you all a lot more information than I needed to, but hopefully now you can see where I was coming from.

Off out for a meal in sunny Madrid now. Loving life at this moment in time and it gets even better on Friday when the soccer world cup starts

I wont post the remaining 9 chapters on here, but I still think that it is an excellent piece of work.

Anyway, thread closed. I wont be answering any more questions on this thread, I have given you all a lot more information than I needed to, but hopefully now you can see where I was coming from.

Off out for a meal in sunny Madrid now. Loving life at this moment in time and it gets even better on Friday when the soccer world cup starts
    Too bad you won't give us a glimpse of the other 9 chapters.

I love Madrid. Take your señorita to La Scala Nightclub
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Sure likes to say his name... Dean Hunt. Reminds me of the lawyer on a popular TV.

So Dean Hunt, where is DeanHunt based out of? The UK or the USA?

ABW Ambassador
    "Off out for a meal in sunny Madrid now."

It's still sunny at 8:40 PM?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast