ValueClick names Tom Vadnais president
    Could this be the reason for all the recent changes? Also this states that Tom Vadnais was earlier in charge of the Technology department. hmmm... if the earlier tech faiscos were anything to go by, this doesn't bode well.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan...e_down&chan=db

Isn't the bigger story that the person he is replacing, Jeffrey Pullen, is leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessWeek
    Online advertiser ValueClick Inc...said Chief Operating Officer Jeffrey A. Pullen would resign June 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by valueclick.com
    Mr. Pullen joined ValueClick in 2003 through its acquisition of Commission Junction where he was president and chief executive officer.
    So first, CJ's VP of Sales, Todd Crawford, leaves. Now the COO of parent company ValueClick, who was previously the president of CJ, now leaves for an undisclosed reason. Yea, I'd say that a major shakeup of CJ is happening would be a safe bet.

People - CJ is junk.

That is all. :-)

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It's not necessarily true that Todd and Jeff left voluntarily. It's possible that when VC acquired CJ Todd, Jeff and some other execs got a deal where they stayed on for x period of time and were compensated y dollars. It's not uncommon for that to happen when a company is acquired.

A little more detail about the new ValueClick President:

Tom Vadnais joined ValueClick in 2001 through the Company's acquisition of Mediaplex, where he was president and chief executive officer. His 35 years of experience includes positions as president, chief executive officer and a member of the board of directors of Data Processing Resources Corporation (DPRC) prior to the acquisition of DPRC by Compuware, president and chief executive officer of Tascor, Inc., a member of Norrell's board of directors, and various management roles, such as vice president of operations at IBM during his 23-year tenure. Mr. Vadnais holds a bachelor's degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, and a master's degree in business administration from Golden Gate University. Additionally, he is a graduate of the Harvard Business School's Advanced Management Program.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ahhhhh, the pages of the story start to unfold.

So is this the guy we start writing to about CJ's future JavaScript fiasco? Hmmmm, bet you anything his email address is something like tvadnais[at]cj.com (just guessing, but I'm sure I'm pretty close). Shall we all give it a try and see what he has to tell us?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/3946338.html
    "The company didn't provide a reason for Pullen's departure."

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/tm.sit...0STORY/274340/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COO Jeffrey Pullen Quits
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://finanzen.net/news/news_detail.asp?NewsNr=404803
    http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...34&newsLang=en
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Zarley continues, "We thank Jeff for his service. He has done agreat job and has been a great asset to the Company. We value theleadership role he played in the development of our Affiliate Marketing segment, recent acquisitions of Fastclick and Webclients and their successful integration with our ValueClick Media segment. He will certainly be missed. We wish him continued success in his future endeavors and career objectives."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aff dev guy up and quits at start of multi-phased initiative for his baby... timing says to me that he wasn't digging this intiative...

Not sure what his current status is, but looking back a few years ago, Mr. Vadnais was a major stockholder of Mediaplex before their merger with ValueClick.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Hmmmm, bet you anything his email address is something like tvadnais[at]cj.com (just guessing, but I'm sure I'm pretty close).
    I doubt it. He's with ValueClick (the parent company), not CJ.

As for what he did with Mediaclick, he was President and CEO when ValueClick acquired them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yeah, you are probably right. Hmmm, maybe tvadnais[at]valueclick.com?

I'm going to have to experiment....
    7 Days A Week Marketing

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread