Talking Todd Crawford
    Todd Crawford Joins OneNetwork

more

15 years and counting
    Todd Crawford, VP Sales & Business Development OneNetwork.
    Let us wish him best of luck in his new position.
    http://www.revenews.com/jonathanmill...es/001923.html

Oh, not that company that spent a fortune sending out those toy airplanes with that silly advertising gimick. Todd, old buddy, what were you thinking???

Well, Todd's gonna have to ask me personnaly to join something there. I think Todd does a wonderful job and have appreciated our discussions over the years, but that's just never been a network I was interested in. Maybe Todd can convince me otherwise.

In any case, Congrats Todd. Welcome back to the working world! Hope you enjoyed your time off (I was afraid you were getting used to it).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Wonder if Ebates will tag along.......
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I only run 1 program from there and its for symantec and I have yet to make 1 sale.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Oh, not that company that spent a fortune sending out those toy airplanes with that silly advertising gimick.
    I got one of those planes in Vegas then a couple months ago I got a remote control car in the mail. Funny thing is the car only drives forward in a straight line. There's no reverse, no steering and no way to stop it. Its gotta be the most pointless toy I've ever seen!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I did a short write up on Digital River when the planes were mailed out:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=28

They're a good move for Todd, got tons of growth oportunity and aren't headed in same directions as CJ.

They're not for me, they focus mainly on selling software. And the planes may have been gimmicky, but they're growing fast, acquiring firms, moving a lot of product, have lots of quality heavyweight partners and much more.

and Jangro says...
    http://www.revenews.com/scottjangro/..._on_first.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Earlier this year, Digital River acquired DirectResponse technologies. They're the technology behind many of the CPA networks we see cropping up all over. Is DR is making moves to become more of a player in the Performance/Affiliate Marketing space?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm not a fan of the CPA network stuff blowing in everywhere... accountability and transparency is horrible.

So could this mean that OneNetwork is planning on moving into more of a traditional affiliate network (rather than specializing in software and ebooks)? If so, I think it's a good move. We could always use more network options..
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I've always joked with Todd and Scott Jangro that they should get together and start their own network. They have the knowledge, contacts etc. So now Todd is over there and time will tell if they make moves into becoming more of a network as we know them today.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    So could this mean that OneNetwork is planning on moving into more of a traditional affiliate network (rather than specializing in software and ebooks)? If so, I think it's a good move. We could always use more network options..
    Maybe Todd saw the handwriting on the wall with the new LMI and JS links at CJ. Heck, I hope he helps OneNetwork go that route and give the CJ folks an alternative to the new dictatorial methods at CJ.

I still have my plane... Todd, if you need one for your new desk, I could mail you mine. [Todd knows me well enough to know I mean this all in good fun]

I'm just thankful Todd did not go over to the dark side (LS), which I've kidding him about on more than one occasion.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I've always joked with Todd and Scott Jangro that they should get together and start their own network. They have the knowledge, contacts etc. So now Todd is over there and time will tell if they make moves into becoming more of a network as we know them today.
    Now THAT would be quite a network. Even better: What if ShareASale.com hired Todd and Scott. (Just wishful thinking, I know, but can you imagine?)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Scott's still a free agent. But he might be loving the lounge gear life too much

My kids loved that plane.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

I've always joked with Todd and Scott Jangro that they should get together ...
    That's not funny at all
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

LOL!

Maybe, I should join that!

I bet Todd misses me, big time.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Now THAT would be quite a network. Even better: What if ShareASale.com hired Todd and Scott. (SNIP can you imagine?)
    Yeah I can imagine

Nothing personal against Todd or Scott, but I like SAS the way it is. That is, without spinmeisters in the way.

I want SAS to stay as it is, thank you! With a clear line of communication to the OWNER, and not a spin person. Promised changes actually happen at SAS, without us having to shout ourselves hoarse. And SAS doesn't have that weird compulsion to "up"(down)grade things every few months. And it should stay that way; clean and without interference!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I'll second that Leader.

Brian you're wonderful, just the way you are.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Nothing personal against Todd or Scott, but I like SAS the way it is. That is, without spinmeisters in the way.
    100% agree!!

I honestly am not sure why some people are so in love with Todd. All he did here was confirm that there were reporting delays and provide incredibly dynamic spin and policy changes on the fly.

Before someone says it, I will. "At least we had someone from CJ posting here". I agree. But wouldn't it be great if we had someone posting here on behalf of the networks that actually gave us real and legitimate information instead of just spin?

I have never met Todd. I am sure he is a nice guy and I have nothing against him personally, but all he ever did here was spin the hell out of things and defend screensavers.com and weatherbug. I would keep a safe distance from any network that he goes to work for.

Todd did much more than just spin. He got answers for us and made sure our concerns were represented within CJ. He was a good advocate for affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Todd did much more than just spin. He got answers for us and made sure our concerns were represented within CJ. He was a good advocate for affiliates.
    Yeah. From what I recalled he would also come and participate when others were either too scared or intimidated (or had issues)...and not always with the best of moods. We need more Todds.

"He got answers for us "

On occasion. Maybe you were asking "safe" questions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    But with SAS, we have the actual owner here!

IMO the less "degrees of seperation" between affs and the owner, the better. And 0 degrees is best.

Todd did much more than just spin.
    Sometimes. And, sometimes the results were favorable.

But, there were still some issues he couldn't change, things he had to put into "the upgrade queue," issues he'd "bring up" at the next meeting, etc. Bureaucracy to deal with.

At other bureaucracy-encumbered networks, someone who can get through it is indeed an asset. But with SAS, there is none of that, and I strongly believe that keeping it free of communication-middlemen is in SAS's and our best interests.

We already have the ear of the one who actually makes all the decisions at SAS. We know that our comments are getting through intact--without being repackaged or reworded, or some comments left out entirely (glossing over what bosses don't want to hear is a common practice at multilevel companies--usually even mandatory, if the person wants to stay hired!). And, no similar repackaging of communication coming out of SAS, either.

So, I think it would be a bad thing if SAS became bureaucratized and a need arose for someone to hold a position like Todd did at CJ.

Every extra layer of spokespeople adds a round of "Telephone" (remember the kids' game?) to the communications. The less of that, the better. I like knowing that Brian himself is going to read the posts in the ShareaSale forum. Notice how SAS doesn't go off half-cocked with out-of-the-blue changes and "up"grades...but CJ and LS do!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

That plane created a lot of buzz and got a lot of affs to try promoting the One Network products. I still have mine

Ah.. the amount of flak that Todd got from around here, well.. I give him full marks for sticking with us!

He's given us a lot of time over the years, and taken a lot of crap. He'll do well
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Congrats To Todd

Funny story about the plane and the car. They sent me the car out of the blue except it wasn't suppose to come to me as it had an address of someone from the next town over. I looked the guy up and brought it to him and we have talked about affiliate marketing and exchanged some links. Nice to have someone so close to bounce ideas off of.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread