Affiliate Manager available for help
    hi
    my name is kevin and want to get started full time into affiliate marketing, is there any Affiliate Managers that are prepared to help me get started with AM
    i am very serious but a bit overwhelmed by allthe info out there.

I am prepared to spend money and al my time to get this right.

I am prepared to write all my own unique content, but want someone who is serious about success.

I hope it was alright to ask this question here.

I will check back in a day or 2
    thanks to you all so far for your advice
    cheers kevin

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Kev, welcome to ABW! Most AMs around here don't bite and will help you when help is needed, but with starting up, there is a whole number of threads (like the one Haiko has mentioned above and the whole of Newbie FAQs forum here) that will tell you most everything you want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by kev
    i am very serious but a bit overwhelmed by all info out there.
    I know. It is very good that you're "very serious" and prepared to do your part of the work. Start from learning the basics through threads here at ABW. It isn't that sophisticated at all, Kevin.

I am prepared to spend money and al my time to get this right.
    Good thing you're ready to spend all your time on it. Take a few days to learn from what's already been discussed at ABW (use the "Search" function above, it's a great tool!), and you will save a lot of money that you're "prepared to spend".

Geno

geno
    hi geno
    thanks i have been doing that,
    btw, that link you mentioned is only to my other question.

i have been reading alot of info, but it is all very generic, i am after some info that is more specific as i am sick or reading sales letter type sites and no one seems to reply to my email.

i know that i want to start an affiliate marketing site, but can not seem to find the following 2 things

decent website building software for seo websites
    and a good web hosting co that provides for affiliate marketing sites

does that make sense or am i expecting too much do u think?

i wont be giving up though as i know i will succeed if i keep going.

i suppose i am scared of making costly purchases that dont do what they are supposed to.

thanks geno
    from kev

i know that i want to start an affiliate marketing site, but can not seem to find the following 2 things

decent website building software for seo websites
    and a good web hosting co that provides for affiliate marketing sites
    Hi Kev

If you are looking for software, I recommend and use Macromedia Dreamweaver.
    The version I use is MX but the latest version is DreamweaverŽ 8.
    The program is expensive but you can download a free trial, here's the info:
    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

If you'd like a good "free" open source code based program, try Nvu:
    http://www.nvu.com/index.php

Your local library will have some html/dhtml/xhtml/whatever and CSS books.
    Check out your library's holdings and see which book you might like to buy.
    There are many books available at your local bookstore or via amazon.com

If you're interested in creating some visuals/graphics/photo manipulations yourself, either go for Photoshop (Adobe), the Element program, or check out Corel's offerings:
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1047024307383

What is your definition of "good web hosting?"

I use and like 1&1. Some members of ABW use 1&1, others use other hosts.
    Perhaps you should post a question in the hosting sub-forum.

I hope this helps
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Smile Hello Kev
    Hi Kev, I looked at this thread before and forgot to say hello - so hello

Susan

Kev
    Hi I agree with what the others said. I haven't used it but have heard really positive things about what Rhia7 said on Dreamweaver and Nvu. Another free one is htmlkit. Not sure how much of the html you know, if any. Think you probably might need to know some with it. Not sure about the other, too. It's probably a good idea for you to know the basics in html anyway, though. You can find the HTML for dummies books pretty much anywhere I think and there's a lot of other good ones, too. Book stores definitely love me at this point. lol
    The sites CNET and PC World offer reviews on web hosting. I don't know what your price range is or any specific needs you might have.
    As for resources for learning about being affiliate (I haven't been doing it that long and am still definitely learning) am not sure if I should be giving the exact link but umm there's a site named AMWSO (you can make a search here or just even look through posts and most likely you'll see it mentioned) On that site they have a whole lot of resources listed and links to them. It's a great place to learn. They manage a lot of sites and are very respected in the affiliate world.
    As for asking questions to affiliate managers. I can't speak for all of them, but Geno definitely doesn't bite lol He's very nice and helpful with any questions and there are a whole lot of other really nice people here that always will take the time to answer questions. They really sound like they know what they're talking about too Good luck

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    My advice to you is go with Sitesell's SiteBuildIt!

Read the Affiliate Masters course and follow what Ken advises...This is what started me off in Internet Marketing

Link: http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

hi all,
    thanks very much for your input. its just so frustrating i suppose and i want to get started asap. the more i read thr further i feel away.
    i managed to get a real copy of front page, but i am not sure wether to use this or not.

i am worried that the learning curve with a webpage program that needs html is just too much time to take learning it.

i want to just get one site up so at least then i can start seo and adding to it.

Its funny, i am so excited and frustarted all at the same time.. you all probably know what this feels like.

thanks heaps to you all again, i really like the feedback

cheers kev the kiwi

Kev - First welcome

FrontPage works fine - use it for starts and then see if you want to change as you change directions - as you build up your pages with the drag-and-drop screen, once in a while look at the 'code' tab and see what the html looks like to make that page - I'd start with a narrative page on your part of kiwi-land - add some info (along with affiliate links) for how to get there and add a panel of Google Ads - you probably won't make a fortune but the first few reported clicks on your links and any money will be a great incentive to move on to other pages.

My daughter used a new Microsoft free service that helps you design a first site including giving you a free small site and it appears, a free domain - Bill's accountant must have been asleep - you might check the Microsoft site.

Charles

ABW Ambassador
    It's good to learn html and stuff on your own but if you just want to get your feet wet and get started you can try

http://www.blogger.com
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php
    http://www.homestead.com
    http://aff-masters.sitesell.com/

People with not much knowledge of html and just getting started have been able to get sites up with the above.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Let me add another vote for SiteBuiltIt! I can't vouch for it's traffic building yet but I know it provides all the tools in one place and holds your hand EVERY step of the way. In fact it taught me steps I didn't know existed. Ken Evoy seems real sincere and is contantly looking to make things better.

You can also make money selling his stuff. Watch what he does and you can learn the whole game.

Good luck Kev!

thanks
    hi again
    thank you very much for your advice
    i will look into those that you all mentioned
    and get back to you to let you know
    cheers kev

hi Kev,

I use dreamweaver, but the transition of learning how to make my own sites was a difficult one. I know how to make basic sites, but always feel there is more to learn.

The good thing is that there are more and more software programs and applications that can be plugged into your domain name. I don't sell and manage my own ad inventory because I can have ads on my site by simply cutting and pasting a piece of code from Goodle adSense. Instead of learning how to do datafeeds, I use a comparison shopping tool. I simply copy and paste a piece of code and suddenly my site visitors can compare thousands of products. I didn't orgnize my own autoresponder list because I use Aweber to handle all of the the technicl aspects of managing a double opt in list.

I think these types of applications will continue to evolve and improve. So there is hope for us non-techies. Learn what you can, but don't spend all of your time learning the next new thing because you might be able to find a solution that other people will create, host, and maintain. Focus on building a brand that people will equate with your product and or service. Use applications to give them the best experience possible while they are on your site.

thanks
    great advice
    thanks very much
    i am aboutto start my website, i am just deciding on the final make up.
    i will let you know the address when i am upo and running
    thanks again
    cheers kev

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread