You know you're working too hard
    when you wake in the middle of night with nightmares - about your website & coding. LOl I woke twice last night in a panic, last time sat up & screamed,- my heart was racing I was really terrified. I've had dreams good & bad but this is my first honest to goodness nightmare the scared the you know what out of me. My husband thinks I have totally lost it. He said I was screaming about my site - he thought I meant eye sight til I set him straight.

Think I'll only work half a day today.

lol I haven't had any dreams or nightmares that I remember but my husband says he's heard me talking in my sleep about html. lol It cracks him up because I can hold intelligent conversations he's able to understand with him while I'm sleeping at times so he's not sure at first if I'm awake or asleep.

I know the feeling. I have had dreams (not quite nightmares - more annoying than anything else), but the worse thing is the fact that I have to get up like 5 times a night now. You know, you'll wake up in the middle of the night and wonder: "wonder if another sale has gone through with that merchant", or "I wonder how the traffic is on this site right now", or "did that merchant reply by email yet?". You get the picture..

Good thing I have a laptop, just reach over and switch it on while I"m half asleep, do my checking, and konk back out before the laptop has gone back into standby mode...

Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

I've never had a nightmare about my sites, but I have woken up more than once (sometimes in the middle of the night) with breakthroughs on things that I had been trying to figure out. The subconcious mind is an incredible thing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I have designed entire sites with content in my dreams. That comes from staying up till 4am working on one. Instead of being tired the next day, I am ready to go because of the dream.

Perhaps I should call my designing "Dream Designs". Not cause their good, but because of how they sometimes come to me.

So good to know I am not alone with business creeping into my sleep hours. I can't remember the details of the dream, lol probably better off that way (might not sleep at all tonight). Funny thing is all in all yesterday was a pretty good day business-wise.

My husband puts up with the tv at night, but I think he'd kick me out of bed if I pulled out my laptop. I do confess to having a note pad & flashlight by my bedside for those middle of the night brainstorms.

My hubby gave me a little flashlight so I could find my way OUT of the room and into my office next door when I get that 3 am urge to write something or check stats.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread