Maybe one of you all can help with this since I'm having trouble with communicating with CJ.

In May, an advertiser of mine announced it was going out of business.

At the end of that month they were deactivated by CJ.

All May transactions were extended. I contact CJ and am told it is because this advertisor was behind on their payments to CJ.

I approach the merchant about this and they say they are talking with CJ and are about to pay their obligations.

In middle of July, I ask CJ if this merchant has paid them, and they say yes, and they will credit my account for the transactions (by that time the month of May is locked and all of the transactions in question have been changed from extended to reversed).

A month passes and nothing happens. On 8/14 I send a follow-up Q to CJ.

I'm still waiting.

Any ideas?

Thanks;
    Ed

ABW Ambassador
    I call that the "company tuck"

You were reamed. Welcome to the club.

Cyclone "I call that the 'company tuck'"

Geez, I hate it when things have names. That means they happen more than once.

So it's happened to you?

ABW Ambassador
    My guess is that 70% of the companies that pop up in the new sections of these affiliate sites will disappear within their first three years...most of them take off with the breakage on their affiliate programs. The 'company tuck' isn't just a named phenomenum, it is the norm.

Why the affiliate networks are so willing to sully their reputations when these bad merchants leave has always been a mystery. A company with a brain would realize that it is in the interest of the better merchants to ream the bad merchants when they try to escape with the dough.

quote:
    Originally posted by yintercept:
    Why the affiliate networks are so willing to sully their reputations when these bad merchants leave has always been a mystery. A company with a brain would realize that it is in the interest of the better merchants to ream the bad merchants when they try to escape with the dough.

This wasn't someone I viewed as a bad merchant, though, and that's why I haven't named them.

That's also why I believed them when they said they would make good with CJ. And now CJ acknowledges that they made good, so if CJ doesn't pass that on to me they are reaming both me
    and the merchant.

I don't understand why they would let this stay unresolved for so long.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I don't understand why they would let this stay unresolved for so long.

any update on this?

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

From what I was told awhile back and Todd can correct me if I am wrong. CJ gets its money first, then the affiliates get paid with what is left over.

So if a merchant leaves owing CJ and the affiliates $10,000 and down the road pays lets say $4,000. $3,000 of that would be CJ's money to keep for themselves. The 30% of the take from our sales that CJ made. The other $1,000 would go towards the affiliates. Todd is this correct or could you explain to me how it works.

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

Got an update from CJ late last week. They confirmed again that the sales will be credited,

"Now it's a question of when our database engineers can schedule time to do it."

Sounds like I'll eventually be OK. I'll let you all know when it happens.

Thanks for your interest and help.

- Ed

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread