Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Rugman and CJ
    On another thread, in the SAS area ( http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=74105 ), there was a discussion about Rugman being "phased out" from CJ. I've joined them on CJ but I'm not yet even set up on SAS. Should I forget about setting up a Rugman PPC campaign based on CJ links and just go ahead and join on SAS? From what I've been gathering here, SAS has some real advantages over CJ.

Also, I'm now quite wary of merchants that automatically extend every sale by 30 days. My jewelry merchant debacle has put me in the "once bitten..." category. I understand why merchants may need to extend sales. But if I'm going to lose almost 50% of my commissions and not find out until after xx number of the 30 day extensions are finally reversed in one fell swoop around the 10th of each month, forget it.

Andy, if you're reading this: anything you can contribute to allay my apprehension? I would hope that Rugman's reversals are in the realm of "reasonable". Is the policy on SAS similar to CJ w/r/t how extensions work and when reversals are tallied each month? Oh, and by the way, what's RSI? You mentioned that Rugman and RSI programs are being phased out on CJ. If RSI is also a good program, I may want to join it (if I knew what it was... other than Repetitive Stress Injury).

-'dog

ABW Ambassador
    They are being phased out at CJ so it would make sense to promote them thru SAS. You could put up CJ links to them now and you'll just have to change them out later.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    On another thread, in the SAS area ( http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=74105 ), there was a discussion about Rugman being "phased out" from CJ. I've joined them on CJ but I'm not yet even set up on SAS. Should I forget about setting up a Rugman PPC campaign based on CJ links and just go ahead and join on SAS? From what I've been gathering here, SAS has some real advantages over CJ.

Also, I'm now quite wary of merchants that automatically extend every sale by 30 days. My jewelry merchant debacle has put me in the "once bitten..." category. I understand why merchants may need to extend sales. But if I'm going to lose almost 50% of my commissions and not find out until after xx number of the 30 day extensions are finally reversed in one fell swoop around the 10th of each month, forget it.

Andy, if you're reading this: anything you can contribute to allay my apprehension? I would hope that Rugman's reversals are in the realm of "reasonable". Is the policy on SAS similar to CJ w/r/t how extensions work and when reversals are tallied each month? Oh, and by the way, what's RSI? You mentioned that Rugman and RSI programs are being phased out on CJ. If RSI is also a good program, I may want to join it (if I knew what it was... other than Repetitive Stress Injury).

-'dog
    Dog,

Welcome to our merchant programs... im on dial up broadband with a wireless, vacationing in Bonita Springs but ill make this short and elaborate when i get back to Miami...

1) all our CJ programs are being phased out, RSI will be sooner than Rugman due to program size mainly.

2) you can learn about RSI and my others here: http://www.andyrodriguez.com/clients.html

3) Rugman reversals are low in comparison to other programs, look around my forum and see other's experience with Rugman to learn more....

We have a nice jewelry merchant that converts very well too.....

Send me an email and i will reply to you on Monday and ease your aprrehensions.....

Have an awesome day...and thanks in advance for your support...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Andy, thanks! Very nice of you to reply during your vacation. I'll take a look at your forum and your clients, and send you any other questions via email. Looks like joining SAS is a no-brainer.

ABW Ambassador
    If RSI is also a good program, I may want to join it (if I knew what it was... other than Repetitive Stress Injury).
    Restockit. It's a very good program, if I could figure out what kind of site I'd definitely do it.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Rugman has had very low reversal rate for me, especially for such a high ticket item. This was true at CJ and now at SAS.

Recently Rugman added phone sales tracking to their SAS program (but not at CJ). Makes the decision a no brainer, go with SAS.

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I have a pending application
    for Rugman on CJ for about a week and I'm wondering is Rugman program
    going to be closed at CJ? If yes, will be GoldenCan store updated to work
    with Rugman's SAS program or it will be closed as well?

Thanks!

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Restockit. It's a very good program, if I could figure out what kind of site I'd definitely do it.
    that kind of product mix can be picked apart and used on many different sites.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art
    Sorry to bump such an old thread but I have a pending application
    for Rugman on CJ for about a week and I'm wondering is Rugman program
    going to be closed at CJ? If yes, will be GoldenCan store updated to work
    with Rugman's SAS program or it will be closed as well?

Thanks!
    Art,

I've held off on approving the CJ apps due to the non working links you would get when you got the welcome email...... ( I approved your app too )

Currently, both programs are open, I would stongly suggest though, if you are building from scratch, you focus on the SAS program though.....

GoldenCAN on SAS is on the table pending approval by Rugman....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Thumbs up
    Thanks Andy!

I'm ready to switch over GoldenCAN on SAS immediately after
    your confirmation that it's approved by Rugman

Hope that some day we will see Easyclicktravel on SAS too

RSI does well. Both that and Acemart are good programs in that arena. RugMan did have low reversals, though had a hard time making it work with PPC. Maybe the keywords just weren't targeted enough but when a sale did some through it was usually $100+ in payouts. As everyone said, low reversals.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread