Question Paypal hurting conversion rate?
    Has anyone else seen or thought the extra steps in Paypal are hurting conversion rates? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Best,

Justin

Ps. Most software let's Authorize.net transactions go in one-step, but I recently had a customer complain that Paypal made him walk through 4 steps.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    I have a brand new PayPal site and I have experienced a few Balks somewhere around the 2nd and final step. I think though most of that is because of some confusion on my free section and my paying section. (a few were also bugs in my system that I have since ironed out) All in all I like the PayPal experience even a novice like me can set it up and it is very well known so the customer feels confident.
    :gnome: [URL]www.gethsemenerose.com[/URL] :gnome: As for me and my SITE we shall serve the LORD!

Some customers will walk away if they have to pay with paypal or any other 3rd party. Typically, if this is the first purchase for the customer, they are buying on impulse. Every second between the presentation and the close(payment) is time for the customer to click the little (x) or go somewhere else. It's should always be about making the customer complete the card process as seamlessly and effortlessly as possible. When you do this, your conversion rate increases and so does your profits!

Helpmerchants,

These are two year old threads!!!!

And guess what more? It's Wrong information also ... offering the paypal checkout or checkout with Google actually aid in conversions ... so stop spreading misinformation. Additionally, your profile spam run is noted - you get a ban warning.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

facts.
    I could see if you have both a gateway and a 3rd party, then it would increase conversion rates. When deciding whether to use a 3rd party or to use a gateway, customers will usually trust a gateway before going through the hassle of going through a 3rd party, setting up an account, getting verified, etc.

Ban me if you want.

You could see it? Oh how wonderful!

Obviously paypal or google checkout options aren't what you sell so that's why the FACT that they do aid in conversion isn't the drum your beating. So I suggest you a) provide whole truths and not half truths to make your service or offering better, you'll have much more longevity in the marketplace and 2) kill the attitude, I'll ban you if you continue along this path, I don't want you to so I provided a correction ... I'd much rather have a valuable member who is knowledgeable and who actually helps merchants instead of using those words for their company name. Make sense?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmerchants
    I could see if you have both a gateway and a 3rd party, then it would increase conversion rates. When deciding whether to use a 3rd party or to use a gateway, customers will usually trust a gateway before going through the hassle of going through a 3rd party, setting up an account, getting verified, etc.
    Apparently you haven't used PayPal for checkout recently. You don't need an account. PayPal does have a gateway option so the consumer may not even realize the transaction is using PayPal. If you are in the gateway business you need to read up before you speak. As Haiko said, spreading misinformation in hopes of having people use your service isn't going to fly.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread