URL Redirect Feature?
    does shareasale have a URL redirect feature similar to the "?URL=" feature in CJ ?

so...i could choose any page from a merchants site and just use the redirect to land clicks on that page?

do i use this part of the shareasale link: &urllink=

?

Use the create a custom link to a page feature. With this feature you can build a link to any page a merchant has.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    Use the create a custom link to a page feature. With this feature you can build a link to any page a merchant has.

Gene
    TCS
    Can you use that for one of the specific products that come up in the Make-a-Page tool?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

There's a long discussion about creating your own links to specific pages at SAS right here in the ABW forum. But several months ago, Brian created the custom link to a specific page tool to simplify the whole thing.

Find a merchant page you want. Copy the URL. Put it in the spot on Custom Link to a specific page. Make the link.

I often find pages and products I want on Make a Page. I have my pages set up with my own table layout and I use Make a Page to find products. Then I copy the data without the TD / Table markup and I put that data in my own spot on the page.

If you found a link to a specific product on Make A Page, you wouldn't need to make a link to the product because the link would already be made. Just copy and use it.

Excellent observation Judi. However, not all merchants have products in the Make a Page feature. In those cases, the make a custom link will do the job nicely.

Gene
    TCS

Judi,

Thanks for the product link info with make-a-page, but the original question was

does shareasale have a URL redirect feature similar to the "?URL=" feature in CJ ?
    Was Zdig asking for an encryption feature or an url cloaking feature?
    CJ has an encryption feature.

Some affiliates prefer to use their own cloaking methods instead of CJ's encryption feature (I believe because of a mouseover result); other affiliates use CJ's encryption feature.

It doesn't seem as if SAS supports an encryption feature, does it?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

not all merchants have products in the Make a Page feature.
    You're right. I started out answering Rhia7's question and then started rambling.

URL Redirect Feature?

I thought he was asking for a redirect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Was Zdig asking for an encryption feature or an url cloaking feature?
    i'm not looking for an encryption feature, and the create a link feature in shareasale is useful, but not exactly what I need.

for example, with CJ: i can create landing URLs on the fly, without having to go into CJ to create the link... make sense? i don't think shareasale has the same flexibility - or am i just missing something?

It can be done. The post I found below is where the mechanics of it are hashed out.
    I used this method for a long time to make links on the fly as you mention. Here is a quick outline

Grab a link at SAS - u= is your ID, m= the merchant ID no. url=is the page.
    If I remember right you need the b also to make it work. Stands for banner id, but you can use any number that the merchant has created. I think that in every link section there is a short short version for that merchant that is the minimum code you need in order to track.

If there's a ? in the url, you have to do more to get around the query. The thread has the address of a handy decoder ring site that will rewrite it for you.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...+specific+page

Hope this helps and I hope I didn't miss something and create a frustrating day for you

thanks for the tips - i'll check it out!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread