Personal Creations Concern
    Just purchased a product for my mother for her birthday and realized at checkout that they have a link for $10 off your next purchase.

I clicked to see what it was and it was a link for another company that is a rewards company for purchasing stuff from their merchants, something that will easily take future return customers away from our stores to go to one called: shopperdiscountsandrewards.com.

Doesn't give us a very good feeling using their company as part of our shopping center.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar

Thanks, I didn't know about this. It's a horrible way to do business.

We would never do this to our affiliates in our store, this is just down right rude. Our affiliates are too important to us on both a business and personal level that we would never have thought of this.

It is shocking that others would do this without a thought in the world. An average affiliate spends both night and day updating sections for each store, posting new offers, sending out updated newsletters to help promote sites etc. You would think that when they do all that, they would be kinder in the long run by not promoting such things.

It amazes me though. Some of these companies on the list are so large that they don't even need the extra money, so why are they doing this?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by memorywraps
    Thanks, I didn't know about this. It's a horrible way to do business.

We would never do this to our affiliates in our store, this is just down right rude. Our affiliates are too important to us on both a business and personal level that we would never have thought of this.

It is shocking that others would do this without a thought in the world. An average affiliate spends both night and day updating sections for each store, posting new offers, sending out updated newsletters to help promote sites etc. You would think that when they do all that, they would be kinder in the long run by not promoting such things.

It amazes me though. Some of these companies on the list are so large that they don't even need the extra money, so why are they doing this?
    Report Personal Creations to the FTC and FBI, and all other Linkshare merchants, automatically passing the entire customer file and CC info to these loyality rewards outfits at final checkout. The info is passed even if the smart shopper declines this phoney offer enticement, knowing the info peddling perps with hound them to heir graves with spam and phone calls.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I stopped promoting Walter Drake because of the reasons ...
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread