2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Exclamation What's up with requiring a new password
    Has someone hacked Linkshare now requiring setting a new password for accounts? Says it takes 2 hours to have new password take effect after requiring typing old password and furnishing new one. Is this bogus or just another reason Linkshare has lost their minds.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Tax Paying Member
    I don't know "bogus". My login to LS works with old password.......Relatively old. I did change it a couple of months ago.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    I don't know "bogus". My login to LS works with old password.......Relatively old. I did change it a couple of months ago.
    A few months ago I changed the password.

Is this yet another password change?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, everybody has to get a new password, a few threads about it. It took awhile to get to me too, I had to update mine last week. I was able to login and check reports within a half hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Has someone hacked Linkshare now requiring setting a new password for accounts? Says it takes 2 hours to have new password take effect after requiring typing old password and furnishing new one. Is this bogus or just another reason Linkshare has lost their minds.
    Mike,

If you with your 16,059 Posts have encounter that little glitch today, what can the rest of us hope for?

I thought that by now you was able to get in and out of any Network without the need for a Charlie password.

ABW Ambassador
    "If you with your 16,059 Posts have encounter that little glitch today, what can the rest of us hope for?"

It's not a glitch, everybody has to do it sooner or later and then in the future they are requiring more of this. For everybody.

First sighting:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=72159

LS mod talking about it:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...433#post553433

2 months ago:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...light=password

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    It's not a glitch, everybody has to do it sooner or later and then in the future they are requiring more of this. For everybody.
    Thanks for those links Trust:

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi All,
    The LinkShare system now requires all users to update their password once every 90 days. In order to ensure that every user is not asked to change their passwords the same day, you will be asked to change your password based on the date your account was created.

When you log into your LinkShare account from www.linkshare.com (if you have been selected to change your password) you will need to change the password before you can do anything in the interface.

Ranae

to:

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thanks for the explainations folks. With all the Phishing going on within the affiliate community I didn't want to become a victim. After 16,000 posts here I have to take great care to protect my site and affiliate log-in accounts. Painstaking care went into designing EcomCity to thwart site copiers. I've laid out a continuous smoke screen hiding the site's real income and make it hard on the dial-up affiliate competitors to dig deep for the gems. After 5 years even the experts haven't found the stealth cookie stuffing doorway pages and hidden 500,000 feed pages.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Painstaking care went into designing EcomCity to thwart site copiers.
    That's hilarious! Now we know why it's so poorly designed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    That's hilarious! Now we know why it's so poorly designed.
    I haven't laughed so hard since my nepthew screamed it burns when they baptised him

But to go back on topic. Twice Linkshare said I needed to change my passowrd. Twice I changed it yet still my first password works and is the password I use.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I haven't laughed so hard since my nepthew screamed it burns when they baptised him

But to go back on topic. Twice Linkshare said I needed to change my passowrd. Twice I changed it yet still my first password works and is the password I use.
    My original one works too, even though I've changed it twice.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Yet another thing LS can't get working right. I though maybe I lucked out, but got the "change your password" yesterday when I went to check reports. Oh, and my old password works also. WTF? Why? Why?

Michael,

That is hilarious - Best Post of 2006 nominee, if not outright winner!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Netscape USED to "remember" my user id and password - and I just had to manually enter the cryptic fuzzy letters to log in

Whatever they changed, netscape won't remember anything on the page, and now I have to manually enter all 3 each time I log in.

Bummer

I hate those letters/numbers to log in. even my bank doesn't require something like that to log in.

Man, the LinkShare Experience (TM) just gets better and better.

First, I have to enter some funky letters each time I log in.

Then I'm greeted by the lovely "You're a not-verif-lidated jerk-off who doesn't exist" message every time I make it past the login gauntlet.

Now I have to change my password to get to the reports to see how many sales I made yesterday that didn't get stolen by parasites along the way. The password that I never type because Firefox is nice enough to remember it for me.

So then I change it, but I still have to wait to see the reports I came for in the first place because they can't design a centralized authentication mechanism that works for all parts of the stupid Linkshare web site.

I just don't know how things can get better!

Well, ok, maybe if they let me get my check payments at my business address instead of my home. That would be cool.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Talking
    If you have good -behind the scenes security-

You don't need convoluted -in your face security-

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread