Exclamation NEW opal, gemstone, jewelry merchant - Getting Started
    hi everyone,

this is my first post here, hoping these forums will be useful to get us started with shareasale.

We have made an merchant program, for opalauctions.com whereby we are offering $1 per new registration and 10% per sale. This is our first venture away from CPC advertising and what we need most is some decent related sites that can provide us with some traffic. If the program prooves successful we will not hesitate to increase the commission amounts, however we just need to find our feet first.

So anyone interested, please let me know.

Any startup advice and tips would be greatly appreciated as well!

A lot of buyers want to buy right now and get the goods delivered ASAP. In fact the best buyer is the one who knows what they want and has their VISA card out of their wallet before they even arrive at the site.

Of course the auction model probably works well for individual, unique stones. But I think it would be a good idea to have set prices for calibrated sizes and parcels, so people who are interested in buying something right now can do so.

"Any startup advice and tips would be greatly appreciated as well"

1) Shareasale!
    2) What are you waiting for?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

thanks NoWires I appreciate your input, being able to buy items immediately is something i'm trying to push on the boss as well, whereby you perhaps just enter shipping and contact details, visit paypal and return to confirmation page. We do have a buy it now section, which will end the auction immediately, the only drawback is that the buyer must still register before they can bid.

Having said that the site is 80% through a total revamp and we have some good features planned for the near future.

On a side note, does anyone know which payment processers are the best? I've been taken to 2C0 a couple of times lately and it seems a decent sort of system that we could possibly incorporate to escape some of those paypal fees.

And finally, is there any jewelry affiliates from shareasale hanging around? We'd love to hear from you!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread