How many affiliates does SAS have on the network?
    All,

Can someone give me an idea of the number of total publishers SAS currently has on the network?

Much appreciated - Gideon

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon
    All,

Can someone give me an idea of the number of total publishers SAS currently has on the network?

Much appreciated - Gideon
    Gideon,

Welcome to ABW.....

IMO, the amount is meaningless.... the quality is much more important...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Internet Cowboy
    Networks are not recruiting tools. They are the link between an affiliate program and its affiliates.

If you count on the network bringing your affiliate base to you, you need to check out this link and think seriously of attending. The money it costs you to attend will dwarf the returns you get from attending.

Amen to what Andy said! Quality is everything.

Geno

Thanks for your responses. I totally, 100%, absolutely no question, agree that quantity does not translate/indicate the quality of affiliates within any given network. I also am under no illusion as to the commitment and efforts needed to recruit quality affiliates and the need to foster strong, long lasting partnerships/relationships for my program to be successful. This includes targeting those affiliates within and outside of whichever program I ultimately launch.

I do, however, need to know approximately how many affiliates are within the SAS network. I have been asked for this information by the management of my company. I need to be able to provide substantiated numbers instead of just telling them "enough" or "SAS is the affiliates' favorite" or "it's great". This is not meant to offend anyone so please do not take it in such a way.

Thanks - Gideon

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gideon
    Thanks for your responses. I totally, 100%, absolutely no question, agree that quantity does not translate/indicate the quality of affiliates within any given network. I also am under no illusion as to the commitment and efforts needed to recruit quality affiliates and the need to foster strong, long lasting partnerships/relationships for my program to be successful. This includes targeting those affiliates within and outside of whichever program I ultimately launch.

I do, however, need to know approximately how many affiliates are within the SAS network. I have been asked for this information by the management of my company. I need to be able to provide substantiated numbers instead of just telling them "enough" or "SAS is the affiliates' favorite" or "it's great". This is not meant to offend anyone so please do not take it in such a way.

Thanks - Gideon
    Gideon,

No offense taken buddy. Merchants have a misconception of affiliate marketing and don't understand the channel. It's not your fault or managament's fault though. It is the very reason we started the seminars - to educate and teach merchants and affiliate managers that numbers of affiliates are not important. I know your management is asking you to make a decision. A network decision based on "affiliate numers" is a wrong decision IMO.

Case in I'm generating this month over $250,000 with about 100 active affiliates on one of my programs on SAS.

How many affiliates do I need? Dunno, I only need the right ones.

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but its the "right" answer....

Good luck with your management....send them to my seminar and avoid plenty of initial program mistakes ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I realize this isn't an answer either, but take a look at this post:

ChecksUnlimited - Forget the old $10K record, how about a sweet $15K day !!!!

SAS has enough productive affiliates that Andy is rapidly approaching $500k/month in sales to ChecksUnlimited. From that same post, he has 500 affiliates in the program and 100 of them are active. That speaks wonders for the quality of SAS affiliates (to say nothing of Andy's management, recruitment, and activation abilities).

If you want a specific number, you'll probably need to call Brian (the owner of SAS). They are a private company, and those statistics have never been publicly released (AFAIK).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager TheShoppersWorld.com's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Andy Rodriguez]
    Case in I'm generating this month over $250,000 with about 100 active affiliates on one of my programs on SAS.

How many affiliates do I need? Dunno, I only need the right ones.
    QUOTE]

I surely agree that the right ones are far more important. I have over 100 affiliates with 1 active one. Any clue on how to make the affiliates active? or to get Active Affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by TheShoppersWorld.com
    I surely agree that the right ones are far more important. I have over 100 affiliates with 1 active one. Any clue on how to make the affiliates active? or to get Active Affiliates?
    Learn from the master...

Affiliate Manager Certification Seminar - Chicago - August 20- 22, 2006 - $1,099 -Reserve your seat today!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    TheShoppersWorld

You have mail via the SaS contact merchant interface.
    Lets start making some

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Learn from the master...
    $1000/ticket is dirt-cheap!

G.

Affiliate Manager TheShoppersWorld.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guffy
    TheShoppersWorld

You have mail via the SaS contact merchant interface.
    Lets start making some
    Happy to have you on the Team!!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread