Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Free SEO CMS & Install (Page Generator) If You Buy 1 Year Hosting
    I have just come up with a new idea and I wanted to run it by you all.

I have a quality CMS (content management system) called Page Generator (Google up "page generator" with out the quotes and I am #1 I think) that I have been selling for $149 and installing for $100 with $99 of support for a year.

I have just hired an installer from India and I have training him up on installing the product.

I came up with an idea for an interesting campaign. I will offer the CMS and install for free to all companies that purchase a 1 or 2 year hosting from a hosting company that gives a quality shared hosting account.

It would need to be on a *nix box with apache, mySQL, 25GB bandwidth, and Awstats.

I am looking to give 100 of these away a month, 25 days x 4 installs, and I may even get AdsenseQueen to include her $19.95 a month Adsense newsletter for 3 months free and some other offers.

I am looking for a hosting company that is well established, uses a 3rd party affilate system, and gives 50 to 100% of the first year away.

What is out there?

Also as I am only good for coming up with ideas and lame on taking them all the way though I am looking for some one that is in marketing and knows what they are doing to set this all up from me.

Any feedback is good.

***Rules - Signatures must not be greater than three lines
    Last edited by Adam Ward; June 19th, 2006 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Rules violation

Internet Cowboy
    Another newbie member who blasted his way through enough posts to get a sig so he can spam his wares on ABW.

ABW has become a haven for snake oil salesmen. That is a damn shame!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Totally automated template Adsense click-trap sites tied into a hosting sign-up side deal. How original and inventive is this concept?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

UncleScooter:

I think dear sir you have made a mistake. In this post I have asked for 1) feed back on an very good idea and 2) I have noted that I am looking for someone to to execute the marketing end of this idea..

>>>Another newbie member who blasted his way through enough posts to get a sig so he can spam his wares on ABW.

I am not a newbie to forums. Google shows almost 40k posts for the handle bobmutch.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bobmutch

If you take time to look at my posts here or other places you will see they are quality posts with good info and in many cases helping others and there are no "me too" posts.

Some of forums I post on where I have my most posts don't give a sig nor do they allow link drops at all.
    http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/member.php?u=1394

>>>ABW has become a haven for snake oil salesmen. That is a dxxn shame!

There is no snake oil here. I am a succesful SEO/M consultant and marketer.

I do how ever think that is a shame that you don't have any thing better to do that take a wack at my post. I would suggest that if you have nothing good to say about new members that bring a high level of information and professionalism to this board that you just should be quiet.

If you think I have broken some of the rules then report the post to the proper authoritizes.

EDIT SIG
    [another rules violation]

ecomcity:

>>>Totally automated template Adsense click-trap sites tied into a hosting sign-up side deal.

I wasn't looking at an automated template Adsense click-trap. You may of pick up bit of the Uncles negtive energy there : )

I was thinking of current sites that don't have a CMS and would be in the market for one.

>>>How original and inventive is this concept?

I am not sure how original the idea is but as far as inventive it struck me as a good idea.

Let's see how the feed back goes. I can see we are off to a negtive start. Anyone have any thing positive to say about this idea or perhaps its not a good idea after all. (Oh my now I am getting negtive - Uncle you are influencing even me.)

[BOB, Please EDIT your SIG - NOW]

Internet Cowboy
    Bob,
    This forum is about affiliate marketers and merchants and affiliate managers exchanging information and ideas. You can purchase advertising through the appropriate channel if you wish to advertise to the population.

I speak for myself, but I think my sentiment will be embraced by many, when I say that we do not want to be presented with your SEO software deals or the like. If we want your products/services we will seek you out. If you are that good at SEO it should be easy for us to find you.

It is nothing personal man, but I for one and sick and tired of newbie ABW members and their signature spam. Most posts leading up to the signature priveledges are made for that purpose, to get to the required number of posts to get a signature.

I never called you a marketing newbie. You ARE, however, an ABW newbie and have not earned the right to plaster your keyword rich spam links all over the place. My opinion of course.

UncleScooter:

>>>This forum is about affiliate marketers and merchants and affiliate managers exchanging information and ideas.

I am well aware of that. My above post was for request for the best hosting affiliate and for a marketing manager. It was completely relevant. If you don't think so lets ask one of the people that run the board.

>>>I speak for myself, but I think my sentiment will be embraced by many, when I say that we do not want to be presented with your SEO software deals or the like.

I have not presented in this thread my SEO software deals. They are in the singature and it appears that they are within the guidelines [now].

If you want to start a move that bans signatures go ahead. It won't phase me and personally I am not here for the sig. I am here to learn and share and help. Oh yes and not to complain about other posters and call them out and abused them.

The professional way to deal with the real snake old siggers is to report them if you feel like you have to and go on with life. Not to highjack their thread and abuse them whether they need it or not.

I think it pretty clear you are not speaking for the board. In my opinion you are off base and with all due respect I consider you charges unprofessional.

>>>If we want your products/services we will seek you out.

I havn't offered my services here.

>>>It is nothing personal man, but I for one and sick and tired of newbie ABW members and their signature spam.

If you are sick of the "signature spam" that is an issue you need to take up with the management and deal with personally. My signatures are relevant and with in the board guide lines.
    [Er, they are now, sorry about that Adam.]

>>>Most posts leading up to the signature priveledges are made for that purpose, to get to the required number of posts to get a signature.

I suggest you take a look at my posts. My posts are not "me to" posts. They are quality posts that are relevant and professional with little or no self promotion.

>>>I never called you a marketing newbie. You ARE, however, an ABW newbie...

I don't think I said you called me a marketing newbie. I know what a newbie is and I am aware that I am a ABW newbie. Also I think it would be fair to say that I am a newbie to affiliate stuff, but watch me learn fast : )

>>>...and have not earned the right to plaster your keyword rich spam links all over the place. My opinion of course.

Well it seems to me that they have turned on the sig so I am using it. As far as I know I am with in the guidelines. If I am outside them I am sure I will hear about it.
    Last edited by bobmutch; June 15th, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Bob:

Thank you for modifying your SIG!

From the moment you arrived at ABW, SEOs who visit here told me of your adventures at SEW and seoChat.

Welcome to ABW and feel free to share your "expertise".

ABW Ambassador
    share your "expertise"
    Oh, it's definitely time now to discuss BigDaddy and the PR anamolies that are happening with the new indexing (and not indexing) - particularly about the PR thing, directories, text link brokerage/bought links, etc, etc.

Bob, you seem to have an interest in PR, this was the first post of yours that I came across when I started reading at SEW Forums.

older Google PR thread at SEW

Bob, as a veteran of forums (not here mind you), I too see what other see. Just enough posts and then WHAM! spam. I added one of my sites to my profile, but not to my sig line because while I do want people to know I have a site (or more) that I am not here just to promote any given site.

ABW Ambassador
    People that I know have met him at conferences, and say he's nice in person.

He just came on TOO STRONG here at ABW.

I'm for giving Bob a chance to contribute.

I totally agree, Adam. I like Bob and read a lot of his postings here. I definitely hope he doesn't run off as I can see it from both sides really.

ABW Ambassador
    I came up with an idea for an interesting campaign. I will offer the CMS and install for free to all companies that purchase a 1 or 2 year hosting from a hosting company that gives a quality shared hosting account.
    Bob, if you plan on doing that as an affiliate, offering it as an incentive for people to sign up, for which you think you'll get a commission, then I'd suggest that you search around here at ABW to see what the consensus is about hosting affiliate programs. Especially the reversal rates. Unless you've got a private deal arranged with a hoster (like Brian T. in the UK, for example).

Secondly, do you realize what you're up against competition-wise? $5 -10 a month (no contract or minimum time requirement) for multiple domain hosting (actualy multiple, not add-on domains) that includes for each domain its own cpanel with the fantastico installer, which installs WordPress, Mambo, Joomla - actually a couple of dozen free CMS and other programs - with the click of a button.

Yours may be great, but you have to look at all the factors involved before paying someone to set up and do marketing for this type of program.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Bob, if you plan on doing that as an affiliate, offering it as an incentive for people to sign up, for which you think you'll get a commission, then I'd suggest that you search around here at ABW to see what the consensus is about hosting affiliate programs. Especially the reversal rates. Unless you've got a private deal arranged with a hoster (like Brian T. in the UK, for example).

Secondly, do you realize what you're up against competition-wise? $5 -10 a month (no contract or minimum time requirement) for multiple domain hosting (actualy multiple, not add-on domains) that includes for each domain its own cpanel with the fantastico installer, which installs WordPress, Mambo, Joomla - actually a couple of dozen free CMS and other programs - with the click of a button.

Yours may be great, but you have to look at all the factors involved before paying someone to set up and do marketing for this type of program.
    Will you name some good host that do this please.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Any host that says "fantistico" on their specs does it. It's a control panel option. Not always the lastest versions, but close (sometimes absolutely up-to-date). There are tons of hosts that offer it... for free.

ABW Ambassador
    Agree with NG, and it seems that most Cpanel hosts have Fantastico available as part of the package.

Back to this thread, I just looked again as if for the first time, and I got the same impression I did before I ever opened the thread to read for the first time. The title:

Free SEO CMS & Install (Page Generator) If You Buy 1 Year Hosting
    Sorry, but that thread title does not look like asking for input or advice. It absolutely looks like a promotional post for an offer being made - the kind of thread title that will attract a lot of attention, and in some cases the wrong kind.
    I do how ever think that is a shame that you don't have any thing better to do that take a wack at my post.
    Sorry, I can't agree with that statement at all. There's a big difference between "taking a whack" for no reason and stating how a person's posts look to an individual. The reason for expressing concern being, in most cases, in the interest of guarding the integrity of the community for the benefit of all the membership, particularly for babes in the woods come along who aren't savvy to the kind of promotion and self-promotion that goes on in forums and falls for it hook, line and sinker.

I would suggest that if you have nothing good to say about new members that bring a high level of information and professionalism to this board that you just should be quiet.
    Sorry Bob, but with all due respect, as a new member you have not only NOT contributed posts bringing a high level of information since you arrived; rather, just about every post you've done since your arrival has either seemed self-promotional and/or reciting your qualifications and/or income.

I don't know about anyone else, but in my book that is no indicator of professionalism, nor a display of a desire to contribute to the collective knowledge and fellowship within the community.

Some of forums I post on where I have my most posts don't give a sig nor do they allow link drops at all.
    http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/member.php?u=1394
    Holy cow! Let's get this staightened out right now. You do realize of course, that ABW isn't a board full of wide-eyed n00bs, but rather mostly experienced folks (either in AM and/or SEO) who do most of the posting on a regular basis- many of whom frequent and read at major SEO and webmaster forums around.

Bzzzzzttt... wrong. SEW Forums do allow URLs to be posted, and rather than allowing sigs, they allow members a custom user title. Being among those who read there, it sure doesn't seem to me that you do most of your posting there, though I am familiar with the series of posts you did a while back, prior to being absent for quite a while, until recently when you posted with a link to your site (some tool, I think).

OK - now, it's WebmasterWorld that does not allow URL drops or sigs, but you've posted there but a handful of times - 11 to be exact.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Totally automated template Adsense click-trap sites tied into a hosting sign-up side deal. How original and inventive is this concept?
    Didn't know I still could throw out some cheap bait, like above, and reel them in. I dropped the MLM groundfloor opportunity bloody chum knowing what Charlie thinks about the groundfloor in his cage. He bombs it at every opportunity.

I'd suggest Bob train his content BOT at ABW and mine all the 16,000 jewels I've posted here into a RSS rich content feed. (Insert promo here ) Forget using it for template hosted Adsense click-traps as no one really has PPCSE bids on Adwhore, B-a-HO, or other Mikeizms like "cookie cannons". Amazing some did bid on ... http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ore+coupons%22
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by bobmutch
    to UncleScooter:

>>>This forum is about affiliate marketers and merchants and affiliate managers exchanging information and ideas.

I think it pretty clear you are not speaking for the board. In my opinion you are off base and with all due respect I consider you charges unprofessional.
    I REALLY hate when some frikin newbie comes to our board and has the gall to call a well respected member unprofessional.

Mr Mutch, you go too far.

Uncle Scooter does and did speak to the feelings of this board.
    Ebudae

Truely forums are a vicious place (I call it forum rage) and not a place for the weak of heart nor the thin skinned. I am still amazed to see how unproffessional professional people can be on forums.

I consider this thread highjacked and as far as I am concerning closed.

Bob, I am going to reply to you publicly (not as an answer to a PM you sent)

If you don't like me standing up for Uncle Scooter and his post to you, too bad. I said what I said and I stand by it. I do NOT intend to get into a PM war of words with you over it.

In my opinion, Uncle Scooter was very civil in his response to your posts. Probably much more so than was deserved.

I am not going to repeat his post or points because he said it all too well. You were given some great advice. You however seem not to want to listen and take the advice.

That is your choice. But if your purpose in being here is to truly "learn and share and help" - I would suggest that you do so. Prove yourself to the community and perhaps you will be taken seriously at some point in the future. (it aint gonna happen overnight)

No further PM's from you on the subject are needed.

Have a nice day.
    Ebudae

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmutch
    I consider this thread highjacked and as far as I am concerning closed.
    LOL, now he thinks he is a MOD.
    So what does he do? He opens another thread on the same topic. LOL. This guy is fun to watch.

Ebudae, he sent me a PM too, threatening to have me banned.
    I had no idea this guy had so much stroke. This guy is really trying to get himself banned. My guess is that he will succeed. He has been given chance after chance after chance but he seems to end up with the attention of the mods again and again, like Loxly's comment in the thread I linked above. I have not even sent the PM he sent me to Haiko, but it is a clear misuse of PMs.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL, now he thinks he is a MOD.
    So what does he do? He opens another thread on the same topic.
    Oh really?!
    *Goes over to lock duplicate thread*

Edited

Inappropriate!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; June 19th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.

Amish not omish....
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ABW Ambassador
    Rumspringa, an Amish rite of passage that begins when a child reaches the age of 16 and continues until they decide whether they want to join, or leave the Amish church.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast