What does Low Funds mean?
    I noticed that one of the Merchants I signed up as an affiliate for has the words Low Funds in red under it. What does that mean?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keystrokes
    I noticed that one of the Merchants I signed up as an affiliate for has the words Low Funds in red under it. What does that mean?
    Low Funds is a warning that the merchant is running low on financing in the SAS interface. Most of the time, if the merchant doesn't add funds to cover potential additional commissions, they will go off line which means your links will be dead.

Sometimes, good merchants will show low funds for a day or two if sales have been healthy. As long as the merchant gets some money into their account quickly, they won't go off line. "Auto Deposit" merchants rarely go off line and if they do, they usually get it straightened out quickly.

I tend to never add merchants to my pages who are showing low funds or who show low funds more than a few days. You can view their "up time history" in the SAS interface and see if they go off line regularly which is a big red flag. If they show low funds but never go off line, this can just indicate that they are a good converting merchant who is paying commissions faster than they can replenish their account.

You'll find a lot of "low funds" threads by doing a search here on ABW - One of the good things about SAS is that they offer us the ability to see who's running low funds or who is off line due to negligence or worse, outright lack of serious regard for their program.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    You'll find a lot of "low funds" threads by doing a search here on ABW - One of the good things about SAS is that they offer us the ability to see who's running low funds or who is off line due to negligence or worse, outright lack of serious regard for their program.
    You'll also find this cool thread where SAS merchants on AutoDeposit were invited to post (so we could easily find them):
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=48659

And within SAS, there's a nice little logo next to merchants on AutoDeposit as well.

Let's not forget either that Low Funds can be misleading in its current context... If the merchant sets their AutoDeposit or Warning threshold high ($5k even), they will show as low funds when they still have $5100 left to pay commissions. There was a big discussion on that somewhere here... Do a search on low funds and you'll get it...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread