Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I must be crazy
    I am sure that most of you have already read my first ever post on this forum (See a thread called "Blueprint to affiliate success)

I got quite a bashing for posting it on here, but I also had a very positive response from many, many members on here, so thank you to those people who stuck up for me.

However, In many ways I accept responsibility for said bashing. I came across as though I was a guru, and the wording of the article came across as though I was preaching. I now have a better understanding of how things work on Abestweb, so I have made a few changes and I also want to get a few things out of the way before you read the next installment.

Many of you went digging into my past to try and prove your points. I have no problem with this, hell, that is one of the perks of the net, you can spot a scammer a mile off. So to prevent people from making the EXACT same points as last week and boring us all to death I will post some facts right now and get them out of the way. (If you want to go straight to the article then fine, but don't bash me until you have read this first)

*Some of you noticed some posts from other forums from approx 2 years ago where I openly admitted that I was fairly new to SEO etc.... You then proceeded to question how I now claim to do freelance SEO work etc.... You are correct to ask this question, the best answer I can give is that I am a fast learner. I have had my head buried in forums and books for the past few years and any spare time is used on trying to practice and perfect my techniques. However, I am NOT a guru! In fact I am very young (24) and my goal is to learn. The reason the article sounded like it was preaching was because it was designed to be given to heads of major companies. Do you think we would have been hired if we didn't sound confident or like experts?

There were also many other Abestweb members who defended my right to mention my blog url. I won't be posting it anymore as I don't want to get another bashing from the members of Abestweb. But as mentioned by numerous people already.... "We are all here to promote something. This forum would not exist if we weren't"

Anyway, thats the small print out of the way. If you like any of what I write then great. If you don't, simply move on to the next thread. I don't want to be writing 500 word intros to my future posts just to please everyone. If you don't like it then post some constructive comments or get off your ass and write a better article

Final reminded: This is aimed at MERCHANTS NOT AFFILIATES

Introduction to Affiliate Marketing

Affiliates add value to consumers that you as a merchant can not. This means casting your net wider and making more sales.

Affiliates provide value through:

- Product Information & Reviews
    - Merchant Information & Reviews
    - Price Comparison
    - Consumer Rewards
    - Targeted Content
    - Community Membership

Before starting an Affiliate Program

If you have an existing affiliate program or are looking at implementing one it is imperative that you analyse your business and website critically. No website is ever “done”, and to ensure you get the best site conversions for you and your affiliates ensure you are continually testing all aspects of your site.

A poor performing site, will in turn affect the performance of your affiliate program and have a negative impact on your brand. Affiliates will discontinue supporting your business, if when they send traffic through to your site, it does not convert to sales.

The following makes up a list that needs to be reviewed before starting an affiliate program, or immediately addressed if you are currently running an affiliate program.

7 Critical Review Points to ensure your Affiliate Program will be successful

Well Performing Website

Your website should be producing adequate sales to ensure that your affiliate program is also successful. All ordering bugs must be worked out if you are selling products, and a good lead generation system in place if you are a service provider.

Amateur or outdated sites affect customer trust, and simple tactics of using stamps of approval (BBB Online, Verisign) can ease concerns.

Sound Business and Revenue Model

Affiliates will only join programs for businesses they believe are going to remain solvent. Ensure you have strong and large margins, enough capital to experiment with Marketing, and not a confused mix of revenue ideas.

Variety of Products and Services

The quality of your products and services effects your business just As it does your affiliate program. Prices can’t be too low (below $15) or there is little incentive for affiliates. New product and services being introduced regularly will ensure that you are
    recognised as an innovator, and also provide more lucrative opportunities for affiliates. Finally products need to be up to date, and not past their prime.

Adequate Management

You must allocate sufficient resources, and have sufficient capital to Ensure your have the personnel to drive the affiliate channel. Affiliates and Strategic Partners need constant attention, and Communication, and recruiting new affiliates takes time and effort.
    No network can do this for you. You must develop ongoing promotions, incentives, and innovations so that your Affiliate program stands out, and your affiliates remain loyal.

Technical Resources

Using a non-professional webdesigner is generally not acceptable, as increasing conversion and streamlining navigation requires constant attention, testing, and tweaking. Site design is never done, and fresh content is essential to ensure that your site Ranks well within the Search Engines.

Quality Products/Services & Ethics

Providing good products that people love is an ingredient for business success. Exceed your customers expectations with great customer service, Firm no-spamming policies, clear cut return and payment policies, and strong business ethics.

Have realistic expectations

Affiliate Marketing is not a fast sales channel, but is a long term investment in growth through partnerships. For new programs wait 4 – 6 months to see growth, and a year until your program makes up a significant portion of online sales.

So you wrote this yourself?

Even with a huge intro I was bound to miss some questions from you guys

I didn't write it myself. The team that wrote the backbone/concept of these articles are a team that I am part of. It is a high calibre team (myself excluded) and I am just trying to learn as much as possible from them and make as much money with them as possible. I had an input in the articles, but I didn't write it myself)

They gave me full permission to publish the article on here and on my blog and perhaps it may be of some use to a few of the members on here. Or not?

Anyway, thats the small print out of the way. If you like any of what I write then great. If you don't, simply move on to the next thread. I don't want to be writing 500 word intros to my future posts just to please everyone. If you don't like it then post some constructive comments or get off your ass and write a better article
    How, then, can you say to "us" to write a better article when you, yourself, haven't even written this one?

ABW Ambassador
    "I didn't write it myself."

What a bozo. There's something seriously wrong with you as if you forgot the first thread.

<<

I didn't say write a better article than MINE.

My point was that if you like it then great, if not then so what? It is not the end of the world. I got permission to post the articles on my blog, That is because I am part of the team and I had an input into the content.

This is the last petty question i answer on this thread. So if you want to know the colour of my eyes, how many points I have on my license, what side of the bed I get out of in a morning then I won't be responding on here.

If you don't enjoy the article for what it is then fine, move on. There are plenty of other threads on here to keep you entertained.

Adios.

Well, when you insult people with things like "get off your ass and write a better one" and then don't even write the article yourself that seems very hypocritical to me and condescending.

This is just MY opinion on it, and since ABW allows us to voice our opinions I will do so. If that is not allowed, well then I will move on myself.

ABW Ambassador
    "Adios."

Yes, go away. Have your high calibre team write some articles for you on how to run a successful auction site and go spam the ebay forums with it. They'll take you as seriously as we take you here.

Talking
    Why don't you and your team write an article on how to interact with Affiliates without pissing them off.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Why don't you and your team write an article on how to interact with Affiliates without pissing them off.
    trying my best not to piss anyone off. Seems like mission impossible on here though, as pointed out my numerous other members.

p.s it is not "My team". I am part of it and am learning as much as I possible can.

ABW Ambassador
    "I am part of it and am learning as much as I possible can."

Step one stop posting articles that other people write for you and about things you have no knowledge of yourself. Take my advice I gave you in the other thread, more listening on your part.

Your only goal here is to post articles with your site as your nickname hoping to drive traffic to your blog, basically just spamming ABW up. It's not an article distribution forum.

Talking
    Your only goal here is to post articles with your site as your nickname hoping to drive traffic to your blog, basically just spamming ABW up.

I hardly ever say this - but can someone please turn this person off?

We don't need the SPAM and we don't need articles from someone who doesn't have a clue.

hums to herself:

ya know it aint so hard to say, will you please just go away...
    Ebudae

Quote Originally Posted by DeanHunt.com
    I got permission to post the articles on my blog, That is because I am part of the team and I had an input into the content.
    OK, I'll make this simple....

Dean, you DO NOT have permission to post any articles on ABW, doing so will result in an IP ban.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Talking

ABW Ambassador
    This is fun Who is this guy ?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    This is fun Who is this guy ?

ABW Ambassador
    Why that's Hunt, Dean Hunt. Article Distributor Extraordinaire

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, Hunt, you say. Must have misheard the first time

Dean, you DO NOT have permission to post any articles on ABW
    Understood.

Thanks for your feedback guys n gals. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark
    Oh, Hunt, you say. Must have misheard the first time

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    "I must be crazy"

Every few years I meet someone like this... aware, yet somehow not... at the same time.

Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Internet Cowboy
    I love this crop of newbie experts we seem to have here these days. There are people on this board making $500K+ as affiliates and some 24 yr old bozo is going to come tell them how to make money.

I love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast