Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Cool Whale Story
    If you read the front page story of the SF Chronicle, you would have read about a female humpback whale who had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines.

She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth.

A fisherman spotted her just east of the Farralone Islands (outside the Golden Gate ) and radioed an environmental group for help.

Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so bad off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her ...

a very dangerous proposition.

One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer.

They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her.

When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles.

She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, and nudged them, pushed gently around-she thanked them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives.

The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    Great story!

Did you get that in email? It is a cool story, but I can't find the original. Nothing on SF Gate:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/qws/ff....y=0&Go=Search

Google News has a few Humpback Whale stories from this week but they are in Alaska and Australia (the one off Perth had to attach buoys to the whale to slow it down so they could cut it out!):

http://news.google.com/news?q=humpba...-8&sa=N&tab=wn

I'm not hasslin ya it just seems too perfect of a story

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    I agree Hoff... seems a little too perfect, but i enjoyed it. Now if I only had feelings I may have shed a tear.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

Awwwhhh That is such a nice story Don't laugh at me, but I'll bet the whale was thanking them. I really do think animals, etc. do have a sense when somebody's trying to help them. I think they're a lot smarter than people figure them to be. My husband was doing the usual channel surfing one night and we stumbled onto a program about wolves that was really fascinating. They really live in a family atmosphere. When one was having a baby the other went back to tell the rest of them and it showed them all howling and looking like they were celebrating. lol There's been shows that show rescued elephants that come back to see the people who've cared for them. OK I'll stop babbling. lol I love happy ending animal stories

Ok, so I'm a sap. I'm so glad that story is true since reading it gave me chills and almost made me cry.

So sad that she had to get caught in the first place, but with everything going on in the world, it's nice to know that the general human nature to reach out and help in such a wonderful way is still alive. I also believe 100% that she was saying "Thank you". Even with my little house cat, it is so obvious that animals understand more than we give them credit.

You made my day.

Sheri

Sorry, I assumed it was from today or this week!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Rexanne thanks for sharing that.. I believe that the whale was grateful and understood she was being rescued by humans.

Oooh that gives me chills - what a beautiful story!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread