account deactivated
    hello

this one goes to anyone who knows what I should do.

2 days ago i was trying to log in to my cj account and i got this message

" Our records indicate that your account has been deactivated.

To try again please go back to the login page. "

i thought it was some kind of mistake or bug in cj's webpage so i waited for some reaction from them.

i waited for 2 days and i got no email whatsoever and I still can't login to cj.

Now i'm left in this situation... i can't login to cj to ask what happened, nor do I recieve an email explaining the situation so i can reply and figure it out. And I can't even take the initiative to talk to cj cause they never sent me an email i could reply to if i had any problem (they allways require me to login to ask them anything).

what is this all about? what should I do? I've done nothing wrong and I demand a response from CJ cause i should be paid in a few days.

ABW Ambassador
    Did you have any sales in the past several months?

ABW Ambassador
    Ginraisama,

Unfortunately, you have just discovered another great feature of CJ (please note the sarcasm). If you do not log into your account or make a sale within (I believe) six months, your account is irrevokably deactivated - don't even try to get them to reactivate you. It's a waste of time. And it gets better. You can never use the same email address to sign-up - ever again!

It's cold comfort but, you are not alone on this one - there is an army of disappointed deactivated CJ publishers out there. Do a search - there is much written on this subject in the CJ forum...

Regards,
    CanadianDave

well... that's a possibility and it shows really how f*cked up cj really is, but my account was created only last month... it was probably a month ago... so there's no possibility to even be that 6 month nonsense... what is going to happen? is cj gonna keep my money for themselves with no justification?

n1 cj

ABW Ambassador
    I will say when they deactivate any account, it's just good business and common courtesy to at least send off an email to the affiliate explaining why. How hard is that.

well... i'm gessing it's some sort of bug or weird problem with them cause it really doesn't make sense... i never got an email complaining about anything... and almost 1 month after i applyed they shut me down and keep my money without saying anything?

this has a name in the civilized world, and that name is "theft"

and it seems like it can happen to anyone... so do worry about it

ABW Ambassador
    You're not up to anything bad are you?

"but my account was created only last month... it was probably a month ago... so there's no possibility to even be that 6 month nonsense..."

I'm not understanding that part, why you just created a new account last month when you were posting here in September 2005 asking if anybody has seen their balance drop. What happened to that account? The 2 most common reasons accounts get deactivated are no sales in 6 months or up to no good. But mistakes have been made in the past.

Oh i am sorry to hear this... You can call them up..... go to cj's website and visit the "contact us" there..... You may get their phone numbers...... Can anyone here can reply to my thread(mariakate3) ...... i am dying to hear an answer from anyone.....

nope i only had 1 account, this was that cj deactivated, the other time i asked about balance drop the account was in my friend/parner's name, but i decided to create an account under my own name and join cj. his account is still active and didn't have any problem up till now and mine got screwed after 1 month.

the very least thing cj should do was to SAY SOMETHING. I'm getting pissed cause if someone takes your money without an explanation is a thief. How are we supposed to trust cj if they start doing stuff like this, acting in the dark?

This is not unsual for CJ to do things without e-mail notification.

I would use the contact us link on their site and call them directly at their customer service number. They should be able to tell you or point you in the right direction. Waiting another few days (or until next week) is ridiculous.

ABW Ambassador
    From 2005
    "i joined cj on july and was expecting to see july's payment on the end of august (wrong) and now they closed all transactions up till 31st of august, so i'm expecting to see some check by now... please CJ... when will I get paid?"

"21th of september and still no change in the payment status... what the hell?? seems like every1 else is getting their money and i'm still seeing nothing for me... about 2800$ that i'm owed... "

You can understand why I would think that from reading your threads from last year.

Don't know what to tell you, it's not going to get reactivated thru this board. Only thing you can do is call or email them.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, I just thought of a great use for the new CJ Javascript links - when your account has been deactivated, the script could replace the regular link text with "You have been deactivated - start over". (Just like a bad video game)

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread