ABW Ambassador
    BeFree Not Tracking Anymore?
    Hello,

I have noticed that no sales lately for Befree merchants although I'm still sending traffic to them. For example one merchant I sent over 60 click throughs this month but it says ZERO Impressions & ZERO Sales. I have always had problems with Befree and believe I have been sending free sales to many merchants for years.

I think they should shut it down as its unfair to take our traffic and not at least provide accurate stats. I mean, isn't that what an affiliate network is for - to provide accurate tracking? If they can't do this then they should not be operating FULL STOP!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I still have several BeFree merchants for which I generate sales every day. BeFree used to be my best network, but many of the merchants have left for CJ, LinkShare, and elsewhere.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've never really experienced reporting problems with BeFree, but the sales are certainly reduced for the same reasons Michael suggested.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Hello,

I have noticed that no sales lately for Befree merchants although I'm still sending traffic to them. For example one merchant I sent over 60 click throughs this month but it says ZERO Impressions & ZERO Sales. I have always had problems with Befree and believe I have been sending free sales to many merchants for years.

I think they should shut it down as its unfair to take our traffic and not at least provide accurate stats. I mean, isn't that what an affiliate network is for - to provide accurate tracking? If they can't do this then they should not be operating FULL STOP!
    Make sure that the merchant in question is still active at BeFree. Log in and look at their program. What happens when you try to pick up new links, or click on current links? Have they moved to another network? I am amazed at how many BeFree merchants I've seen that simply close their program or move without any notice (Bally Total Fitness is an example).

I just checked reporting.net. If you look at your list of merchant partners, it says active, or reports only. However, they have not kept it updated, and I told some befree folks.

As we have talked alot here, the merchants on bfast are all moving off. I have been carefully checking email about announcements.

Gap, Old Navy, Brookstone, Hammacher, Staples have all ended and moved to CJ. This week there were announcements of at least 6 that were moving to Linkshare at Performics. Many more to come.

A related question--what happens if they close and you have not hit the minimum to be paid out for the merchant? I assume that they will pay you whatever they owe you?

Tricia

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    A related question--what happens if they close and you have not hit the minimum to be paid out for the merchant? I assume that they will pay you whatever they owe you?

Tricia
    Nope, at least I haven't been paid the under minimum amounts owed me from several programs that migrated to CJ more than a year ago. Could be you'll have to contact each merchant directly.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread