Red face I need your assistance please...
    Your opinons/answers would be greatly appreciated here. It's a bit long winded, so bear with me....

Here's what's going on my world at the moment: I signed up with a merchant through SAS about a month and a half ago, and all was doing really well; good progress, very good money.

Well, b/c of that success, I've wanted to expand the one page landing page to something a bit more complex - aiming towards gathering repeat visitors and providing a truly useful site. Well, it turns out the merchant has an in-house program, complete with their own fancy tracking system and the like. The big kicker being that they allow affiliates to tie directly into their shopping carts...very big plus for me.

Good so far!

So I made the switch (temporarily), spent about 2 long weeks developing the new site, and deploying it.

But here are the problems now: 1) Their tracking seems off or buggy 2) My sales compared to the SAS program have dropped substantially into no-man's land right now.

I'm not sure about the tracking problem just yet. I'm talking with the manager about this, who is very helpful.

As far as the sales are concerned (aside from the tracking problem), I think it's possible it might have something to do with the new site, and it may not be converting well. However, as I much as I want to believe this, the big drop in sales doesn't seem right. To test things out (if you call it a test), I went ahead andput the SAS 1-pager back up, and boom I get another sale. Go figure.

So, to all you ABW veterans...What in the world would you do in this situation??

I'm stuck - I could be making mucho money right now, but I'm letting it slide to try and get this new site up and running (b/c I think it has potential). I thought about running both, but I don't think the manager would appreciate it too much (i'm assuming).

How would you do this? With these issues, would it be worth keeping after the new project? Or since the SAS page seems to be a sure thing (for me at least), should I just go back?

Need some advice here... Thanks!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

ABW Ambassador
    "What in the world would you do in this situation??"

Go with the money, whatever's working.

Yeah, as each day goes by, I'm thinking more and more of the same thing...that's just money that I could be making, but aren't...

It's just that my plan is to try and move to sites that are SE friendly, and not so dependent on the PPC engines. If this doesn't take off soon though, I might as well switch back over.

Thanks!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com

Without a doubt, run both. Setup a new domain and funnel some of your traffic from the 1-page success to the experiment until you get it converting.

Alright, thanks.

Well, today seemed to be the last straw for me - and I think I've emailed/called the AM enough. There have been numerous clickthroughs and even many more pageviews today. The number of clicks tracked should've at the absolute minimum, been at about 80 - it's at 1 (supposed to be real-time tracking).

I might've thought it could've been something to do with my site, but the fact that it worked about 30% of the time, well, kind of scratching my head.

Oh well, I've switched back to the original money-maker. I'm going to leave the other alone for now, and tell the AM that I'd love to work with their in-house program (which was his idea to begin with), if they can get it to work.

Good lesson to be learned here - don't develop a full site without knowing whether the aff. program is actually going to work first...

Thanks for the input!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread