OK Where do you find information on making money on the web? In a post Haiko had responded to someone saying I can show you how to make lots of money on the web or something to that effect. So what forum would be best to obtain this kind of information? I am an internet junkie stay at home mom that would love to make a little extra $$$$.

Hope this question is not to vague or on the wrong forum. If it is I apologize in advance. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Melanie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Many of the folks on ABW make money with affiliate marketing. Here's an article I wrote a few months ago that gives an overview: ml

Affiliate marketing is a partnership between online merchants and others like you and me who own websites or ezines. We host links for merchants and get paid when visitors click through and end up buying something. In some cases we'll also get paid for actions besides actual sales- example: when we send a visitor who registers to receive more information (called a "lead").

What you'll need:
    - enough techie knowledge to create basic, attractive web pages (basic HTML will get you started)
    -research skills - to find merchants with products you can promote intelligently
    - writing skills - good descriptions and effective "ad spin" are what separates the winners from the wannabe's.
    - the patience to learn how to build traffic to your website. Paid advertising, free search engines, offline promotion, etc.

- you'll also need a place to put your web pages. There are quite a few places where you can get free web hosting to get started and learn the ropes, but if you're serious you'll eventually want your own domain.

I'm sure others can add to this list ...

Regards from Canada,

Elisabeth Archambault

(edited to fix a typo)

[ 02-26-2002: Message edited by: ]

This is the best place to start learning. Read everything you can in the commission junction forum, the building site traffic forum, and affiliate programs forums for start.

There was a good thread in this forum recently about what some of us might do differently looking back on it.

Other than that, ditto to what Elisabeth said (of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

New York

In addition to the above

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread