Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exclamation [INSANE]: How to get BILLIONS of pages into Google in under a month
    Check out this spam network... one guy has over 7 billion pages indexed in ranking in Google in under 1 month. One of the domains is already top-2000 Alexa... and it is all Made-for Adsense garbage.

Digg it: http://digg.com/technology/How_One_S...gle_in_3_Weeks

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, crazy also talking about it here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...902#post575902

And then heard Google deleting stuff about it at Webmastworld and on Matt Cutts blog and then dodging questions elsewhere.

Oops missed that one; mods can delete this.

Internet Cowboy
    Google has LOTS of ad inventory to sell. Gotta do it some way. I have quit using content match for this reason.

The worst part is that they are still serving Adsense on the site... As Trustno1 pointed out, they have been made aware of the domains. Somehow this must not qualify as "Made for Adsense" ?

Internet Cowboy
    I would bet money that it is somehow tied to Google.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Could be Google hosts and owns these scraper "made for Adsense" keyword account drainers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

UncleScooter:

>>>I would bet money that it is somehow tied to Google.

That would be a bet you would probable lose. Google is not going have anything to do with putting adsense scraper sites.

The funny thing is there has been buzz on this for quite awhile and the sites are still in the index. That is what I find strange.

ecomcity:

>>>Could be Google hosts and owns these scraper "made for Adsense" keyword account drainers.

Now there's an thought. Perhaps they not only own them but hosting them on their own servers. Lets do a check on the IP's.

If Google is stupid enough to put together adsense scraper sites they are stupit to host them on there only servers. I think that is good logic : )

Cool
    Accd. to this, it was just a 'bad data push'?

http://www.threadwatch.org/node/6999

except its not just "bad site: queries'
    at least not in my serps!

>>>Accd. to this, it was just a 'bad data push'?

Adam is a pretty smart cookie and he has the right tools. He works under Matt Cutts who is the head of the anti-spam department and currently on holidays (hasn't posted on his blog since 5/26) hence no comments from MC or GG.

Now I am wondering how many pages Google is reporting in there index these days. It was 9 billion a while back. I am seeing over 22 billion now.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=a

Could you imagine - just 1 billion pages, with Adsense/YPN, at a measly .3% CTR and $.01 CPC per day

= $30,000

I wonder how much they're really making...crazy...
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

MoneyBusiness:

>>>I wonder how much they're really making...crazy..

Well they very well may make nothing. They may be removed from the index and have there adsense account closed. The script was to succesful.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hopefully Google will overreact and de-index all domains with crazy non-sensical number+character domain names. No need to even look at 2yg47f.com or WTF69ag4jx.com ... just whack them from day one as spam sites.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I doubt that Google will start to de-index nonsense domains. It's almost impossible to make such filter.

And Goog will pay to the mentioned guy. I bet they have some sort of an agreement. Maybe they will de-index his domains for spam, but I see no problem with providing relevant advertising to users. No content is bad thing, I know. Everybody have theirs own way.

I have few catched expired domains with high traffic figures (up to 80,000 hits per day and use this technology to monetize: http://www.google.com/domainpark/

With no content it converts pretty well

This may tie into the scam that Bob Parsons of Godaddy has been ranting about - persons are registering for millions of domain names, putting up script sites with Google... ads on them and then dropping most of them before the month's grace period is up - ie getting the name, getting Google to index the home and only page, grabbing the Google money and then dropping the name without having to pay for registering it.

Now it makes sense how they can get indexed within the month so they can start making some money. Also, they keep the few domains that are the best performers and expand on them. Dirty trick - driving the registrars nuts.

Charles

Google wouldn't willingly associate with Spam AdSense scraper sites? Explain their Search Partners on the Adwords network then....
    Last edited by Noth; June 19th, 2006 at 01:54 PM. Reason: AdWrords, not Adsense
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Noth:

>>>Google wouldn't willingly associate with Spam AdSense scraper sites? Explain their Search Partners on the Adwords network then....

Google has a set of standards that they attempt to enforce that terminate those that don't follow them after warns. Google of course doesn't catch everything.

Google AdSenseTM Online Standard Terms and Conditions:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

Google AdSense Program Policies:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

I hold that the current scrapper site being discussed is "tied to Google" or "hosts and owns these scraper" sites is not logical thinking in my opinion.

Does Google need to crack down more - yes, is there to much click fraud - yes, is Google in any way directly connected to it, clearly no!

ABW Ambassador
    "Google has a set of standards that they attempt to enforce that terminate those that don't follow them after warns. Google of course doesn't catch everything."

That's just not true. And they are connected in the sense that they allow it. They could put a stop to it if they want at anytime but it brings in the money.

TrustNo1:

>>>That's just not true. And they are connected in the sense that they allow it. They could put a stop to it if they want at anytime but it brings in the money.

Well that like saying they could eleminate all the sites that are spammy the SERPs if they wanted. With the sites that are spamming the SERPs they surely want them gone. But go and look and are lots of them still there.

Any way it is my opinion that Google works on eliminating sites that break AdSense terms and conditions. I personally don't believe they know about sites that are breaking the terms and conditions to the degree that Google considers unacceptable and they are not taking action against them.

ABW Ambassador
    Previously when notifying them about a scraper, they removed the site within a day. Some time after they went public, they almost never remove sites from adsense.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    "Any way it is my opinion that Google works on eliminating sites that break AdSense terms and conditions. I personally don't believe they know about sites that are breaking the terms and conditions to the degree that Google considers unacceptable and they are not taking action against them."

There are threads about it here from people saying exactly that. At the beginning these sites were reported and Adsense gone, not anymore. There was a thead about this in the Google forum over at WMW and it disappeared. Some of the spammiest sites have Adsense all over them. They put themselves in a bad position by even allowing them in the first place.

could it be simply b/c of the vast numbers of these sites that are bombarding G, and they're just backed up b/c of it?

Or has going public caused them to do a 180, and focus entirely on the bottom line, and nothing on the quality of their business - leading to completely ignoring the bad ones..?
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

ABW Ambassador
    I think going public played a part. You see a lot of spam because it gets indexed and some rank well and with Adsense on them, Google makes money. They took a harder look at who could display Adsense on their sites in the beginning. So now since they let them in, they're used to seeing $XXX and if they did away with them all, their income would drop. Problem is long term they're going to pay the price since Advertisers now opt out of the content network because of this or lower their bids for the content network. So SE's were fighting spam to begin with and now have to fight even more of it with people making "Adsense sites". They should have nipped in from the start. But since they didn't, find themselves in a bad position. Either way now they take a hit.

chetf:

>>>Previously when notifying them about a scraper, they removed the site within a day. Some time after they went public, they almost never remove sites from adsense.

That may be your personal experience but we would need a bigger base to work off then one to prove anything that would carry any weight.

TrustNo1:

>>>There are threads about it here from people saying exactly that. At the beginning these sites were reported and Adsense gone, not anymore.

Well if this is the case this is some thing that I have missed them. If you have any thread URLs from boards like SEW or WMW I would love to take a look at them.

MoneyBusiness:

>>>Or has going public caused them to do a 180, and focus entirely on the bottom line, and nothing on the quality of their business - leading to completely ignoring the bad ones..?

I am getting clients come over from PPC and wanting natural that tell me it is almost impossible now for them to make a buck on PPC. I would say that Google doesn't want AdSense to become useless so they should be hammer the sites that are clearly spammy.

I don't think Google is so greedy or stupid to think they can with purpose let the quality of the Adsense network drop yet lower thinking it is a profitable thing to do.

TrustNo1:

Problem is long term they're going to pay the price since Advertisers now opt out of the content network because of this or lower their bids for the content network.

That is my point. I think Google is smarter than all of us. I think they could see this coming and I personaly don't think they let it happen on purpose. I just have a hard time to believe that they just closing there eyes on spammy AdSense sites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast