FusionQuest Affiliate Links Count for Link Pop?
    FusionQuest is claiming that their UltraLinks technology passes link pop.

Now this is interesting. I did a search for FusionQuest here and didn't see this discussed. I would think this would attract spammy merchants (doing it for link pop), and drive away all good affiliates (who wants to sign up with a merchant that using an 3rd party affiliate that notes that there affiliate links pass link pop).

"FusionQuest is a marketing powerhouse that will enable you to harness the incredible power of referral marketing through cutting edge affiliate software, while at the same time boosting your search engine ranking by enabling links from your affiliates to count toward YOUR link popularity."
    http://www.ultra-affiliate-software.com/

ABW Ambassador
    There have been other discussions about this with other places, say someone who has a forum here:

"LinkConnector’s patent pending Naked Link Technology, offers merchants the ability to run an affiliate program transparently, leading to an increase of inbound links to their site. In turn, this complements their search engine optimization efforts."

http://www.linkconnector.com/nakedlink.htm

TrustNo1:

>>>There have been other discussions about this with other places, say someone who has a forum here:

Yes I have seen this page also but I can't remember how I got to it. Thanks for the URL.

I think the link you gave was Linkconnector's own web site and there are an affiliate marketing network not a forum discussing FusionQuest.

I am guessing this must have been discuss here on ABW somewhere. I would find the boards opinion on this one an interesting read I am sure.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Hi Bob, In talking with Affiliates in AvantLink, and in reading some threads here-- it's clear that Affiliate pros aren't keen on helping merchants build PR through their campaigns.

I think it falls in line with, and basically comes down to the fact that as a merchant you can't have it all. ie, you can't contract Affiliates to drive you valid traffic and be an Affiliate at the same time (exposing leaks to that traffic) just as you can't expect Affiliates to send you targeted traffic with their time, creativity, effort and $ AND build link popularity/PR at the same time.

Gary M

Gary-AvantLink:

>>>...you can't contract Affiliates to drive you valid traffic and be an Affiliate at the same time (exposing leaks to that traffic)

I don't know if that would have crossed my mind. I currently am an affilaite for a couple of merchants on my site that I like and I am going to add a few more. But I also am considering signing the same site up with SAS and offering my service product to be marketed by affiliates.

Even though I just read a thread where they toasted a merchant that was doing the same thing I didn't thing of my site till you said you can't be both at the same time. Thanks! That;s one less think I will get toasted here for : )

>>>just as you can't expect Affiliates to send you targeted traffic with their time, creativity, effort and $ AND build link popularity/PR at the same time.

Well I guess there was a time when PR bleed was an issue but I don't think it is any more as most SEO experts hold that out of the 100 to 200 things that Google uses to determine the rankings in SERP Pagerank has a little weight and no longer makes a difference in that department.

I would guess that an affiliate software system (3rd party or inhouse) that allows ranking weight to be passed is going to be subject to misuse by a few merchants just doing it for the ranking weight of the inbound links.

Also with the link horde attitude Pagerank left many with people don't want to give links that carely credit to merchants.

Of couse you can sell deal with those merchants and just add a nonfollow to your links.

ABW Ambassador
    BM has made his mark here...

Contributors to ABW will understand that BM has been ask to leave and take his INFORMATION to LindaB etc for obvious reasons. Thread closed!

7. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread