Pharmacy Form Spam
    Anyone besides myself notice an over abundance of pharmacy spam coming in off forms on web pages?

Quote Originally Posted by dsteitz
    Anyone besides myself notice an over abundance of pharmacy spam coming in off forms on web pages?

I've seen that type of spam ruin a guestbook (if that's the type of thing you are referring to).
    Last edited by Rhia7; June 18th, 2006 at 07:54 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

yes thats it.

i think its some sort of spamware that crawls the net looking for forms to paste urls into...lately for member "elongation" and pharmacy drugs....

ive got a few sites with forms on em and have been seeing a rash of these over the last 2 weeks or so.

just wondering if it's just me getting slammed..

I think it's nice that something visits my forum.

Normally I would have no issue with this.. but every sinle field is filled in with something akin to "http://www.example-bs.com/get_longer.htm" instead of "name" ect.

This is not a person visiting but some bot that also posts urls whenever it gets a chance....and if it is a person actually visiting all these sites and putting this crap in all these forms on all these sites they are a hell of allot more bored than I am.

That's happening with lots of guestbooks.

It happened to my Blogger blogs too but now I screen messages prior to publishing them.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager
    Pretty easy to combat this by adding in one of those fields for the submitter to "type in the letters you see above." If they don't match then the submission doesn't go though.

It's happenging with two of my directories. Get about 100 or so such listings everyday.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopie Nubert
    I think it's nice that something visits my forum.
    Oh God this made me laugh!

But usually I have to control my temper and not send a nasty email to the spammer. I jump in there to check each new member and make sure they didn't leave dirty laundry behind.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    My blog's been absolutely deluged in spams. Not for pharmacies, but for poker. I went to delete 'em through the interface, the mod page kept refusing to come up. I hadn't looked at it in about a month (since all that EVER gets posted as a "comment" there is spam), so I figured maybe there were so many spams that it was refusing to respond.

So I went into the database to see what was going on, and after only a month--
    There were 38,000 spams awaiting moderation!!!

Needless to say, I mass-deleted 'em via MySQL without trying to read them. I just looked at the mess long enough to find the field which showed which comments had already been approved, so I could do the mass-delete without losing the old, real, comments. Everything not previously approved went straight to the bit bucket.

I managed to find exactly where the Disable Comments checkbox was after that! It had eluded me beforehand, but I became very motivated this time. Unfortunately, if the change doesn't affect old posts, I'll still be bombed in more oceans of spam.

I know I can stick a CAPTCHA (the thing Chet B was talking about) on it, but since I never see any genuine comments coming in now anyway, to heck with it, I'll just leave the comments closed.

Im with you on that brethren...By chance do you or anyone else know of any scripts I can download that has the display characters that must be entered to complete the process? These lamers have gone too far. A couple or so I could deal with....but there has been a mass torent of this crap over the last few weeks and it seems every day it is getting worse.

I really cant see the logic of what they are doing. All it does is target webmasters as far as it's residual effect and I can't see anyone taking grace in their emails. Their other effect...and maybe their aim is to increase serp success with link adds on pages they have skanked with their bs bot script...but any engine that matters is sure to quickly discover such...so damn counter productive. A classic case of wasted talent.

I just dont get it. Why dont these sodes refuse to be lame and do serious realistic "damage" with their talent....irks the piss out of me.

as a not so side note...I just heard of the fate of the last 2 US soldiers in Iraq. I hate the reasoning for this war...but it pisses me off to no end how anyone can treat their enemies as such. These young men were so young...in as much as likely poor and common like so many of us. I was in the service myself with a young family at their age. I have no trouble with killing enemies, but torturing and beheading is too much...there has to be some grace even in war....and I wish so much this one would end...NOW!

Sorry for the change in subject...but this crap has gone on too long and too far. It's the kinda background noise I find hard to swallow and I do my best to bring it up everywhere and anywhere I know. Call your Congressman. Help End the War.

Wink
    I never allow comments on my blogs. Maybe they are'nt really blogs then?

oh well...

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread