Smile FJB Happy Week #5
    Traditional FantasyJewelryBox’s Happy Weeks continue, and the Happy Week #5 is here!! [previous FJB's happy weeks may be found at wk #1, wk #2, wk #3 and wk #4 links]

Being a linguist, I have always been fascinated by correlations between the meaning of words and their origin. Having been brought up in a country that speaks a Romance language (I was born in Kishinev, Moldova where they Romanian is the state language), years before studying linguistics professionally I had noticed that the name of each day of the week is tied to a name of a planet. Monday is “luni” in Romanian and “luna” is a moon, for example. Tuesday is “miercuri”, which of course is somehow related to mercury.

Later on, in the university classroom (I hold a B.A. and an M.A. in Linguistics) I had found out that the seven-day system that we use now is based on the ancient astrological notion that the seven known celestial bodies influence what happens on Earth and that each of these celestial bodies controls the first hour of the day named after it. This system was brought into Hellenistic Egypt from Mesopotamia, where astrology had been practiced for millennia and where seven had always been a propitious number. In A.D. 321 the Emperor Constantine the Great grafted this astrological system onto the Roman calendar, made the first day of this new week a day of rest and worship for all, and imposed the following sequence and names to the days of the week. This new Roman system was adopted with modifications throughout most of Western Europe:

HTML Code:
        Celestial           Modern     Modern	Modern
        Body      Latin     English    Italian	French
        -------   --------  ---------  ---------	---------
        Sun       Solis     Sunday     domenica	dimanche
        Moon      Lunae     Monday     lunedì	lundi
        Mars      Martis    Tuesday    martedì	mardi
        Mercury   Mercurii  Wednesday  mercoledì	mercredi
        Jupiter   Jovis     Thursday   giovedì	jeudi
        Venus     Veneris   Friday     venerdì	vendredi
        Saturn    Saturni   Saturday   sabato	samedi
    As you might have already guessed, our Happy Week #5 is going to be based on the names and meaning of planets corresponding to days from Monday (lunedi) through Friday (venerdi).

Today is Monday (lunedi) or the Day of the Moon

If there were one day that the affiliate markerting world proclaimed the day of the industry, it would have probably been Monday. So many of us here are true “children and the moon” (coding under the moonlight until 3 or 4 am, getting most inspiration for sites’ promotion, PPC methods, content associations and affiliate promo campaigns under the evening showers, and so on).

The basic planetary association connected with the Day of the Moon has to do with reacting to something.

Our FantasyJewelryBox’s arrangement is as simple this Happy Monday as 1-2-3: put up 1 link by 11:59 PST Tuesday (20 June), send 2 sales with the program by 11:59 PST Friday (23 June), and get a 3-fold commission increase on all sales this Happy Week! I will pay the increase difference to your SaS account out of my own pocket. …Just to keep you happy.

Offer valid only for affiliates that prior to this post generated zero sales for FantasyJewelryBox.com

Looking forward to your reaction on this Reaction Monday!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Our FantasyJewelryBox’s arrangement is as simple this Happy Monday as 1-2-3: put up 1 link by 11:59 PST Tuesday (20 June), send 2 sales with the program by 11:59 PST Friday (23 June), and get a 3-fold commission increase on all sales this Happy Week!
    And we already have a winner!! A******, e-mail me re that link I am yet to see where exactly it is...

...our Happy Week #5 is going to be based on the names and meaning of planets corresponding to days from Monday (lunedi) through Friday (venerdi).
    Tuesday (martedì) or the Day of the Mars

Mars is traditionally associated with asserting, making things happen, express positively, fighting for (especially beliefs).

So let's make things happen!

Let me see your links up and I will bump up your commission and deposit a $10.00 activation credit to your ShareaSale affiliate account!! Details in your approval e-mail.

Geno

...1-2-3: put up 1 link by 11:59 PST Tuesday (20 June), send 2 sales with the program by 11:59 PST Friday (23 June), and get a 3-fold commission increase...
    Another ABW-er has just entered the race! M*****, your commission has just been raised to 12% [our special rate for ABW members] and your account has just been credited the 10 bucks (per my above promise)

Geno

Wednesday (mercoledì) is the Mercury Day

Mercury is often called the communication planet.

...and this Communication Wednesday I would like to communicate to you that the problem outlined by Gene and confirmed by Judi in the course of FJB's Happy Week #4 has been resolved!!

Geno

Geno,

I am sorry but, nothing has changed. The products in the custom pagemaker categories are still the same. If I go to the non-custom area, the products are there. Looks like the custom pagemaker now needs to be updated to reflect all the products in each category. I could rebuild my pages from the non-custom portion of pagemaker but with trying to guess what keywords to use to extract all the products. If this can't be resolved soon, I will be replacing all the product pages for FJB with those of another jewelry merchant. This fiasco truly is unacceptable. I don't know if you or FJB management have the means to test after each datafeed update, It needs to be done to ensure that everything remains functional.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    I am sorry but, nothing has changed. The products in the custom pagemaker categories are still the same. If I go to the non-custom area, the products are there...
    Meaning that the datafeed at SaS has them, but the "Make-A-Page" tool doesn't?

G.

Geno,

Upon further testing, I find that category names when used as keywords for the non-custom portion of pagemaker, not all products for that category will appear. Some not at all. So, the answer is still no. I use the custom pagemaker when available. Not all merchants at SAS have a custom pagemaker. If I enter the keyword earrings under jewelry in the non-custom pagemaker for FJB I get 120 products. If I select earrings in the customized pagemaker for FJB, I only get 15 products.

I hope this explains the situation a little better.

Gene
    TCS

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Geno/Gene,

I checked it out... it isn't a problem with the Make-A-Page search... that is the way that the datafeed is structured. Some of the "Earrings" are in smaller subcategories when using the Custom Make-A-Page ...

Geno,

The answer is probably to add a 3rd custom field...because the fields that are currently in Custom 2 are very good, but maybe 1 level too specific for that field....

In Custom 2 I would recommend a broad category.... and then move all your current Custom 2 fields over to Custom 3 for the smaller sub category, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks for plugging in, Brian!!

Gene, would what Brian is suggesting work for you?

Geno

Brian,

Thanks for making the issue more clear. The datafeed structure has changed creating this problem.

Geno,

I think the suggested solution will work. But, only if it remains stable going forward. The category 1 is ok as the broadest. The present category 2 is what should be the broader listing of categories. The more specific categories need to be more specific than what is set in the present category 2. I would be happier if the datafeed were back to its original structure.

Gene
    TCS

Gene, I can get you (and everyone else) "Earrings", "Rings", "Necklaces", etc in the 3rd custom field for all earrings, rings, necklaces, etc. Would this work for you? Other affiliates (current or prospective), your input would also be appreciated.

Geno

Thursday (giovedì) is the Jupiter Day

Jupiter is traditionally associated with maturing, developing and growing.

To motivate you to develop and grow in the capacity of FJB affiliate, I will make a special deal for all affiliates that have generated 0 sales so far: I will pay you doubled commissions on all sales generated between today and the beginning of the next week (read: from now through 11:59 PM PST of 25 June).

IMPORTANT: Qualifying affiliates must e-mail me once the very first sale is sent.

Let's earn some cash now!

Geno

Geno,

Whether you do this in the 3rd field or the 2nd should not matter. If you do this in the 3rd field, the categories in the second field should probably be changed as to not conflict with the categories in the new 3rd field.

The important issue is to get the categories fixed to provide the same approach to product pages we had before this last datafeed fiasco. More important is that once these corrections are made, it remains stable!

I use only the pagemaker to generate product pages on SAS. Please hurry.

Gene
    TCS

Working...

Geno,

So far that is a vast improvement. I can start rebuilding my pages and creating new ones for other sites. It still needs the third field for specific sub-categories, such as Eternity Bands, Engagement, etc.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    ...So far that is a vast improvement. I can start rebuilding my pages and creating new ones for other sites. It still needs the third field for specific sub-categories, such as Eternity Bands, Engagement, etc.
    Will do, Gene.

Friday is here and...

Friday (venerdì) is the Venus Day

Venus is connected with marking as different; valuing.

I want to single out one affiliate - the affiliate that generates sales for the highest total amount by the end of Sunday (by 11:59 PST) will be "valued" and "marked as different", by getting a $20 bonus check at their ShareASale affiliate account.

IMPORTANT: The offer is not limited to new affiliates. All sales participate.

Looking forward to your sales! The contest closes on 25 June at 11:59 PST. The money prize will be awarded/credited on Monday (26 June).

Geno

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread