Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Can you make your own links?
    My websites are blog I mainly link directly to the product I write about I've noticed that not all the merchants have to individual link makers.Is there a way to make your own links to merchants that don't have the advanced individual product linker available?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Yes you can

create custom link
    if not, get the merchant to do it for you

Thanks for replying. I will see if I can create one on my own if not I'll contact the merchants. Do you have any pointers?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi,

This varies from merchant to merchant. The way to check if they have custom linking active is as follows :

1. select create links
    2. Select the merchant
    3. select Individual Product links
    4. Select "Click here if you are an advanced user ....."
    5. And if you like Select "Advanced Users Only: Click here to generate code.."

Once you have created one link from section 5 you will have the base root link that you need for creating custom links.

If step 4 is not there then that's a good sign that you can not create custom links, so then check with the merchant to do sure or ask them to activate deep linking with LinkShare

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO

If step 4 is not there then that's a good sign that you can not create custom links, so then check with the merchant to do sure or ask them to activate deep linking with LinkShare
    I've seen merchants activate the deep linking and then decide not to have it (i.e. the merchant originally had "Click here if you are an advanced user ....." but then a week or so later the merchant no longer has that option).

Does the deep linking option cost more for the merchant?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi I contacted the merchants and goody's replied back they activated the advanced user function for me,hopefully I'll hear from the other merchants soon.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

This varies from merchant to merchant. The way to check if they have custom linking active is as follows :

1. select create links
    2. Select the merchant

Once you have created one link from section 5 you will have the base root link that you need for creating custom links.

Cheers

Chris

Does the deep linking option cost more for the merchant?
    No it doesn't.

Hi I contacted the merchants and goody's replied back they activated the advanced user function for me,hopefully I'll hear from the other merchants soon.

Thanks for your help.
    My Pleasure

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by myisha

Thanks for your help.
    Hey Myisha,

Feel free to let me know of any merchants you need direct links to. I know how to build a lot of them, and have relationships with many of the merchants, so I can explain to them the process of turning on the IPL. It would help me anyway.

-Michael

Hiya Micheal

Here are the websites
    Bare Necessities
    Alloy
    Bright Diamond
    dELiAs
    East Bay
    Foot Locker
    Freshpair
    Fredricks of Hollywood
    Karma Loop
    Playboy
    Promgirl
    ShoeTrader
    ShopNBC
    Spoyit

Thanks in advance
    Myisha

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Nunez
    Hey Myisha,

Feel free to let me know of any merchants you need direct links to. I know how to build a lot of them, and have relationships with many of the merchants, so I can explain to them the process of turning on the IPL. It would help me anyway.

-Michael

Feel free to let me know of any merchants you need direct links to. I know how to build a lot of them, and have relationships with many of the merchants, so I can explain to them the process of turning on the IPL.

-Michael
    I will remember this
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by myisha
    Hiya Micheal

Here are the websites
    Bare Necessities
    Alloy
    Bright Diamond
    dELiAs
    East Bay
    Foot Locker
    Freshpair
    Fredricks of Hollywood
    Karma Loop
    Playboy
    Promgirl
    ShoeTrader
    ShopNBC
    Spoyit

Thanks in advance
    Myisha
    Hey Myisha,

I'm on a mini vacation right now, I'll jump on this when I get back. It looks like you have a lot (or all) Linkshare merchants, which is good because I'm better at those.

-Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I will remember this
    Please do .

Here are some that I currently have:

BabyStyle.com
    BarnesAndNoble.com
    Buy.com
    EbGames.com
    HotTopic.com
    Macys.com
    MusiciansFriend.com
    Overstock.com
    SharperImage.com
    SmartBargains.com
    ThinkGeek.com
    TigerDirect.com
    Walmart.com
    Nordstrom.com
    Amazon.com (Direct Product)
    and more.

I guess I should point out that I give no gaurantees to the tracking, unless they are my merchant, so for whichever ones I provide, you may want to do a test transaction.

-Michael

Hi,

1. select create links
    2. Select the merchant

Cheers

Chris
    How do you create links to "search results" in LinkShare?

For example, I want to link to all tire related products, so i go to drivewerks, do a search on the term "tire", and take the resulting URL and plug it into LinkShare.

It did'tn work, it resolved the URL to DriveWerks' home page instead of the search results page.

Quote Originally Posted by best123
    How do you create links to "search results" in LinkShare?

For example, I want to link to all tire related products, so i go to drivewerks, do a search on the term "tire", and take the resulting URL and plug it into LinkShare.

It did'tn work, it resolved the URL to DriveWerks' home page instead of the search results page.
    best123,

just replace [SEARCHWORD] in the search string below (you will have to right click, copy link, and paste it into notepad to see it) with the term you want to search for, if you want it to be two or more words, put %20 between them:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=SITECODE&subid=1&offerid=92177.1&type=10&tmpid=1527&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.drivewerks.com%252Fcgi-bin%252Fksearch%252FDW_search.cgi%253Fcommand%253DDWsearch%2526description%253D[SEARCHWORD]%2526x%253D0%2526y%253D0

Also remember to replace SITECODE with your 11 character linkshare id.

-Michael

Hmm, guess you don't have to do the "right click" copy and paste into notepad to see the link, but that link sure does screw up the forum formatting.

best123,

just replace [SEARCHWORD] in the search string below (you will have to right click, copy link, and paste it into notepad to see it) with the term you want to search for, if you want it to be two or more words, put %20 between them:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=SITECODE&subid=1&offerid=92177.1&type=10&tmpid=1527&RD_PARM1=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.drivewerks.com%252Fcgi-bin%252Fksearch%252FDW_search.cgi%253Fcommand%253DDWsearch%2526description%253D[SEARCHWORD]%2526x%253D0%2526y%253D0

Also remember to replace SITECODE with your 11 character linkshare id.

-Michael
    Thanks Micheal.

I tried to create a link for http://www.drivewerks.com/cgi-bin/ks...iption&x=6&y=8 , but am getting a Javascript error now and Firefox is frozen. I'll probably try this later.

ABW Ambassador
    best123, for drivewerks, just drop a note to the AM and they'll more than likely get all the links you need back to you within the day.

It worked this time. I think it takes some time to take effect. I plugged in the URL for the search page with the search term, and LS gave me the correct link. but it took some time before it took me the correct link.

webworker, thanks for the suggestion, i tried it. It saves a lot of time and emails to get the links by myself.

Hiya

replied on the DW forum too, but looks like this is resolved? If not shoot me a mail / PM

Cheers

Chris

Delias
    Sorry this took me so long, I've been away. Here's the first one I found:

Delias:

Copy the direct link you want to create, and paste it here:

http://www.asifproductions.com/urlencode.html

Take the encoded version it gives you, and paste it on the end of this:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[SITE.CODE]&offerid=6449.1&type=10&tmpid=778&RD_PARM1=

Don't forget to replace [SITE.CODE] with your 11 character Linkshare Id.

Thanks,

Michael

Sorry this took me so long, I've been away. Here's the first one I found:

Delias:

Copy the direct link you want to create, and paste it here:

http://www.asifproductions.com/urlencode.html

Take the encoded version it gives you, and paste it on the end of this:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[SITE.CODE]&offerid=6449.1&type=10&tmpid=778&RD_PARM1=

Don't forget to replace [SITE.CODE] with your 11 character Linkshare Id.

Thanks,

Michael
    Is the tmpid fixed for every merchant? I found it changing every time I create links.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    It is different. The only thing that will be the same is the [SITE.CODE]

Quote Originally Posted by FairFieldGetaway-EricEwe
    It is different. The only thing that will be the same is the [SITE.CODE]
    Varies even for same merchant? How does fatwallet do that? They can encode your clean link with their redirection.

Walmart deep link
    thanks for the advanced link info. I have been playing around with it with my walmart links, but I am not having any luck deep linking.

Has anyone had luck using the method above with Walmart?

Varies even for same merchant? How does fatwallet do that? They can encode your clean link with their redirection.
    offerid=6449.1
    Offer ID is unique for each merchant (a merchant can have more than one) you need to make sure the offer id you use the in link Michael used is changed to the merchants OfferID, leave the second bit .1 unchanged a .1 stands for "custom link"

The Click ID always remains the same.

Cheers

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast