Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    WebMerge: ShareASale Special Edition and Free Training!
    Hear! Hear!

After much hard work and dedication, we are pleased to annouce the release of WebMerge: ShareASale Special Edition! And at the low, low price of $59! WOO HOOOOOO!!! (Thanks, Richard! )

Speaking from personal experience, WebMerge is a wonderfully simple, yet powerful tool that can convert ShareASale datafeeds into HTML pages within minutes. You all know I'm not a web designer...my skills with HTML ("like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills..."*) are pretty basic...but WebMerge rocked!

Basically, you design your own website template, and insert tags that pull bits of data from the datafeed. If you've ever done a mail merge in Word, it's as simple as that. You can generate product detail pages, index/menu pages, etc., easy. Plus, once you've got everything set up, you can save your settings locally, making site updates a breeze.

There's a free download here if you want to give it a go. Even if you've never worked with datafeeds before, I assure you this will change everything:
    http://www.fourthworld.com/products/webmerge/sas.html

Also, we will have a free training session via conference call next Thursday for those of you who are interested! We'll email out a few powerpoint slides to go along with the training, so please be sure to RSVP with me at ctang(at)shareasale.com:

Date: Thursday, June 29, 2006
    Start Time: 1:00 PM Central Daylight Time
    Dial-in Number: 1-712-432-2323
    Access Code: 74173

*Napoleon Dynamite. C'mon, didja really have to look?
    Last edited by Carolyn - ShareASale; June 19th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Carolyn,

WTG Girl.... WebMerge and SAS is a match long overdue....

SAS just keeps getting better and better.... WTG Richard ....

Carolyn, since we love WebMerge and we love SAS, how about if we take this and make it extra special for our SAS merchants?

How about if we made it FREE?

ARC will pay the $59.00 Webmerge fee for any affiliate that creates a site or area on their site using the SAS/Webmerge application using any 6 of our ARC managed SAS merchant data feeds.

Simple rules:

1) ARC will pay $10.00 per SAS / ARC merchant datafeed loaded up to $60.00.

2) You need to send an email with the site url's of the SAS/WM created page.

3) The $10.00 per merchant will cover your $59.00 WM fee when you load any 6 ARC / SAS merchant feeds.

I'm a big WM fan myself, the stuff rocks and many sales have been attributed to webmerge created sites.

What better way to get your FREE copy of WebMerge and start generating revenue with our ARC / SAS family of merchants?
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Yes..that's wonderful. Been meaning to get it for the last couple of weeks - sounds like now is a good time!
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Carolyn or Anybody willing to help,

I have downloaded WebMerge SAS version and am having a problem. I am trying to do the Quick Tutorial (clueless about datafeeds) and everything goes fine until I tell it to "Build Pages". A message box instantly pops up and says something like "You can only use this with SAS Datafeeds" so I guess the test datafeed supplied in the tutorial isn't from SAS.

So I assume (dangerous I know) that we will have to kinda wing it - when trying to figure out how this works or am I missing something?

Hey, interesting, will double check with Richard on that...I actually tested it using BentGear's datafeed because I knew that one had all the categories/subcats, etc...

You don't have to wing it! We've got a training session next Thursday, and if you email me now, I can just email you the presentation today so you could get a headstart?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Carolyn - I can use all the help I can get. Will send you an e-mail in just a few minutes.

I am on board, Just downloaded the trial version to get a look. Now I need a feed or 6 . Looks like my weekend project has just changed.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The idea sounds familiar.

Congratulations ShareASale!

G.

ABW Ambassador
    >>site url's of the SAS/WM created page

Just this week figuring out top level categories and navigation before starting to roll out a "shopping" domain (now still parked) using feeds, and maybe another girlie site too. All SAS, no AdSense is the plan (so that knock-off merchants can be included).

Is this SAS edition different from the regular WebMerge? Any custom features, and is it easier to use?

Added:
    This is VERY exciting news. You people rock! And you really know how to keep people getting happier.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I'd be curious to know if you can get it to work without any detail pages.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    ...and maybe another girlie site too. All SAS, no AdSense is the plan (so that knock-off merchants can be included).
    Speaking on behalf of myself and Sarah, we are all for girlie sites! Let us know if you need anything! If you're looking for content, we can hook you up with that too!

Is this SAS edition different from the regular WebMerge? Any custom features, and is it easier to use?
    It is 100% functionally identical to WebMerge, but limited to ShareASale datafeeds. So the idea is, if you've never played with datafeeds before, give this a shot. Then, if you want to use it for the *other* datafeeds (I don't see why you would, but anyway...), you can pay the difference and Richard of FourthWorld will hook you up.

This is VERY exciting news. You people rock! And you really know how to keep people getting happier.
    Thanks so much! Always great to hear that! Because we really wouldn't be here if it weren't for all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    I'd be curious to know if you can get it to work without any detail pages.
    If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes. The tool is so flexible that you could just build a single page with links directly to the merchant's landing page...is that what you were asking?

Carolyn,

Great offer for your SAS affiliates and a very proactive move by both SAS and Webmerge. You all are really out there trying to help your affilaites and this is just another example. Keep up the great work.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks! Which reminds me, I just sent you an email...

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes. The tool is so flexible that you could just build a single page with links directly to the merchant's landing page...is that what you were asking?
    Carolyn that is baucally exactly what I was sking. Yet I still cannot igure for the life of me how to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    Thanks! Which reminds me, I just sent you an email...
    Carolyn,

Got it! Thanks! Tag, you are it!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Carolyn that is baucally exactly what I was sking. Yet I still cannot igure for the life of me how to achieve it.
    Hiya Jack,
    Got your PM too, but figured I'd try to answer that here in case anyone else had the same question.

Basically, your goal is to build a single page that contains product tracking links that land the user directly on the merchant site, right?

In order to do this, you would need to build a single index page. This option is located by selecting the "Index Pages" tab in WebMerge, then clicking the "Make only one index page" option. Now, you just need to create a quick HTML template. Three steps!

Step 1:
    Use the [WM-Record] and [/WM-Record] tags to tell WebMerge to use the code between [WM-Record] and [/WM-Record] over and over again until there are no more records in the datafeed.

Step 2:
    Build the code that creates a tracking link. Let's say the datafeed contains a column labeled "ProductName" and another column labeled "TrackingLink."
    You would use WebMerge tags as placeholders in the link code, so it'd look something like this, I've taken out the "<" character, so it's easier to read the code in ABW:

a href="[WM-Field: TrackingLink]">[WM-Field: ProductName]/a>

The bit in pink is the linked text, the bit in blue is your standard link code.

Step 3:
    Put it all together! You'll notice I've added a break tag so that each product is listed on a new line. Voila. Not so bad when you take it in parts, eh? Hope that helps, or at least gets ya thinking in the right direction?

[WM-Record]

a href="[WM-field: TrackingLink]">[WM-Field: Title]/a>br>

[/WM-Record]
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    figured I'd try to answer that here in case anyone else had the same question.
    I did, back in January when I first got the full version, but didn't get a reply on it.

Basically, your goal is to build a single page that contains product tracking links that land the user directly on the merchant site, right?
    Exactly, precisely what I've been wanting to know how to do, which is why I've yet to be able to get into WM. So there would be a link to a targeted page with a few product links, and off they go to the merchant's site to buy the stuff.

TY!

this part I understand. My difficulty is creating an index pae that just shows the categories available for each merchant that would lead to the respective Webmerge pages.

Don't laugh, it's obvious I'm not a designer, but you can view my test site here: http://www.greatadventuregear.com. (For the record, it uses my ShareASale test account, I'm not trying to earn commissions or anything. )

You'll see how I've got a main page, sub-category pages, and product detail pages. I've also added in content that is available via the BentGear.com affiliate program. Instead of having the links on the sub-category page link to the product detail pages, you could also have them link directly to the merchant product page.

Took me about a day to figure out WebMerge. But once I figured it out, it took about an hour to design the templates, generate the pages and upload to server. A fully merchandised site live in a hour, can you believe that? I still can't, lol! Takes me longer to build bestseller storefronts for you guys!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    this part I understand. My difficulty is creating an index pae that just shows the categories available for each merchant that would lead to the respective Webmerge pages.
    Jack, if i may add.... search Google for these keywords: webmerge tutorial

You will find several very well written tutorials as well.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I'm still trying to figure this out, too. Thanks for the link to see one in action.

On your home page:

1. Did you build the bestseller section yourself or was that a category or subcategory in the feed from Bentgear?

2. Did you make the list of index pages for the left column of the home page or did WM?

3. Did you do anything to modify the description so your site was unique? You don't have to say what you did - just looking for a yes or no at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    1. Did you build the bestseller section yourself or was that a category or subcategory in the feed from Bentgear?point.
    JM, girl, you should join the BentGear.com program, we provide all sorts of great, pre-coded storefronts like that bestseller one. I just picked a storefront from here and stuck it on the homepage. Come to think of it, you're in another one of my programs! I do storefronts for that one too!!

2. Did you make the list of index pages for the left column of the home page or did WM?
    I hard-coded the left column into my templates. Since I use the same template for all my pages, the left column is duplicated on all pages.

3. Did you do anything to modify the description so your site was unique? You don't have to say what you did - just looking for a yes or no at this point.
    I didn't modify the product descriptions, but that's a good idea! Once all your pages are built, it's a lot easier to go into the raw code and hack the descriptions. Or, I suppose you could even just tweak the descriptions in the datafeed, and then your edits would roll over when WebMerge creates the pages?

Thanks Carolyn. I intend to get signed up with Bentgear just as soon as I get this WebMerge thing taken care of. I downloaded the trial thing yesterday and played with it some more and I'm looking forward to the call next week.

I don't have any trouble loading it up and making pages. My issues are getting it to play nice with my page templates I already have (you know - that other program - for one) and then I still haven't thought through the ongoing updates.

The page template problems are purely my own impatience at the picky trial and error - I need to stay up all night and do it when it's quiet. Regarding the ongoing updates; do you just delete the current pages from the server and replace with all new ones or is there some way to name pages so that you can find the old detail pages that are no longer linked?

The thing that I think confuses me is the settings file.

The is not too clear at all, as far as I am concerned.

Someone ought to just sale some blank generic WM templates that go down four levels and tell us how to use them.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Carolyn,

No need to laugh, that page looks great, took you a day, took me a week. LOL

I've used WebMerge before and will testify, it's a money maker.

$$$ To all EverythingFurniture and EverythingOfficeFurniture affiliates that call in, buy WM and show me a page using WM, I will add $59.00 to their account from that SAS-WM version. (only through sas)

Call in, learn, then get some $$$ Jrami Notes $$$ just for calling and trying it.

Date: Thursday, June 29, 2006
    Start Time: 1:00 PM Central Daylight Time
    Dial-in Number: 1-712-432-2323
    Access Code: 74173

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast