Thumbs up MontRED (SAS) brings you Browse In This Box
    Friends,

Today MontRED brings to you a power tool - Browse In This Box.

What is it?
    Browse In This Box is an interactive application for affiliates to display merchant's products on their websites.

Browse In This Box = AJAX + XSLT. For those who aren't familiar with AJAX, it stands for asynchronous javascript & XML. That's what powers gmail, google maps etc. Oh well, forget the geek talk, check out the real meat.

Here are the examples:
    Example 1
    Example 2
    Example 3
    Example 4

The beauty is that visitors can browse all the categories right in this space itself. Try it, select a category.

Also, when you click on any products, a box will open up with the product details. Go ahead, try clicking on a product.

Nice, isn't it? More conversions, more sales. What do you think?

I'll quickly make another post listing all the benefits. Till then, enjoy Browse In This Box.

Cheers!
    -nishith

Benefits:

• Browse In This Box allows you to pre-sell the customer before they leave your site
    • Customers will browse more and will browse smartly. This means better conversions
    • Flexibility: You decide the default category to be displayed. So you can use the same box on different pages (or on same page) with different default categories
    • Available in different sizes + we’ll keep adding more.
    • Very eye catching designs
    • Simple code. Doesn’t require any knowledge of javascripts, AJAX, XSLT
    • Zero maintenance. Comes with an updater that’ll update the feeds for you.
    • No need for database
    • Available for different merchants. Yes, you heard that right!
    More details coming soon.

Questions, comments. Keep them rolling in.

cheers!
    -nishith

Beautiful
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia,

Glad you liked it. There's more exciting news coming out soon.

cheers!
    -nishith

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    YES. That's very cool! The viewer is right next to making an order this way. Just a click or so away.

When people first see it, expect a lot of dud clicks as they check out the new tech. Once they quit "sniffing around" I would expect the CR to rise quite a bit.

There is that Big Question, though: Is it spiderable? If not, the affs will have to make sure to put spider food elsewhere on the page.

I like the looks of it, though. Unlike certain other solutions which pull from off-site.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    YES. That's very cool! The viewer is right next to making an order this way. Just a click or so away.

When people first see it, expect a lot of dud clicks as they check out the new tech. Once they quit "sniffing around" I would expect the CR to rise quite a bit.

There is that Big Question, though: Is it spiderable? If not, the affs will have to make sure to put spider food elsewhere on the page.

I like the looks of it, though. Unlike certain other solutions which pull from off-site.
    Leader,

Thanks for the compliments. As for being spiderable: NO, it's javascript and so NOT spiderable. Yes, you'll need content around it.

cheers!
    -nishith

Thanks Jorge! I'm sure your affiliates would love Browse In This Box.

Comments, suggestions.. keep them coming.

cheers!
    -nishith

Working on the page with all the details and instructions to get this tool.

And yes, we're working on more designs. And what's more, sometime soon you'll also be seeing your merchants' coupons in Browse In This Box. As I said, more exciting news coming out soon. So stay tuned!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Is this only available through your merchants or are you offering it as a third party tool?

Right now MontRED is making Browse In This Box available to all SAS merchants & affiliates FREE OF COST. That's correct! One condition: The affiliate has to join and promote MontRED.

Soon we'll have this available for merchants on other networks as well. Stay tuned.

ABW Ambassador
    Well this worked out well, I joined your program over the weekend and you already have a very cool tool for me to consider. Well done - Nish

My only concern with this is the scrollbars. I don't like a horizontal scroll so that's very offputting after seeing this in action. It'd be much nicer if everything fit into the box sort of like Chitika does it. That way it feels like the tool is built into the affiliate's website.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    Well this worked out well, I joined your program over the weekend and you already have a very cool tool for me to consider. Well done - Nish
    Cool! Penny, send me a mail with your SAS affiliate-id and I'll set you up with Browse In This Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    My only concern with this is the scrollbars. I don't like a horizontal scroll so that's very offputting after seeing this in action. It'd be much nicer if everything fit into the box sort of like Chitika does it. That way it feels like the tool is built into the affiliate's website.
    Scott, your suggestions are noted and will pass them to the design team. And as I said, we'll keep coming out with more designs. I'm sure we'll have something for your taste soon Btw, I was expecting some geeky comment from you.

cheers!
    -nishith

Alright guys, here is the page with all the details as well as the form through which you can request your customized Browse In This Box version: http://www.montred.com/affiliates/to...einthisbox.php

I've seen many people reading the thread. I know several of you have questions and opinions. Feel free to ask & comment. Will try my best to respond to your queries and suggestions.

cheers!
    -nishith

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread