Wicked Weather
    We don't get many hurricanes in Ohio, ok we don't get any at all, but we do get some wicked storms at times. This just went over our house within the past 30 minutes. It's one of the strangest storms I've ever seen. You can see the rest of the pics here there's 3 pages in all.

Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    Those are cool pics. I love storms as long as they don't blow me or where I'm staying away.

Internet Cowboy
    Great photos Greg. I hope the storm left you and your family and home unhurt.

Storms can be cool to watch. While I took these the tornado siren was going off but we didn't see one. That storm was moving fast, those pics covered about 5-7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Great photos Greg. I hope the storm left you and your family and home unhurt.
    Yes, it's still going on but settled down some. I was thinking about what I would grab as I ran down to the basement The clouds were so low I was certain a tornado was on the way.

ABW Ambassador
    Great Photos Greg - Glad you are safe. Afraid those clouds would have unnerved me enough to head to the basement. Of course, my husband would have been outside with the camera in hand (making me a nervous wreck).

http and a telephoto
    Greg, Ohio is where I have driven through the scariest storms I ever traveled through. There was more than once my son and I thought we were in tornados and almost got our van blown off the road.... those pics brought back some *scary* memories.... But nice pics anyways
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Awesome photo Greg! What part of Ohio? I would have loved to had that roll by the house to get some shots. Of course with all the trees around me and all the time I spend in at the computer working on sites, it probably did and I missed it! rofl. I'm in SE Central Ohio myself.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I grew up in the MidWest and had a number of tornadoes pass by and one run me over. Your pictures remind me of stopping for gas in Michigan on the way to the Fathers Day NASCAR race. There was a funnel cloud slowly circling overhead so we got the hell out of there. The pictures seem like you are looking sideways at the funnel cloud.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Great pix! I love storms!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Very cool pics Greg. Glad it was a nice storm and didn't rip stuff up. Those clouds are gorgeous but they sure look scary.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I miss real storms in ohio. In cleveland we would watch storms roll in off lake erie from our beach. Now in seattle, it rains all the time - but never storms. Makes rain boring.

Chet

Wow Greg... I saw clouds like that but they passed just to the North of me. I saw a lot of lightning flashes that way. My Husband took the kids to see Cars in Hudson so I was buried into my computer and didn't notice to much wind. Glad they didn't come my way. Our house is atop a hill and we get blasted with gusts from the west.

Cool Pics.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    Those are some great pictures Greg. We actually had a big storm roll by yesterday evening. The rain was coming down in sheets it was so heavy... but the coolest part of the whole thing was when lightning srtuck a transformer 50 feet in front of me, it shot up in blue flames and then the power went out. And this all happened when I was driving, I could feel the ground vibrating through the pedal... Pretty creepy.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Wow Greg... I saw clouds like that but they passed just to the North of me. I saw a lot of lightning flashes that way. My Husband took the kids to see Cars in Hudson so I was buried into my computer and didn't notice to much wind. Glad they didn't come my way. Our house is atop a hill and we get blasted with gusts from the west.

Cool Pics.
    You're fairly close to me so you probably had the same storm. I was working too and didn't notice until I heard the siren and had to go outside to see what is was. It was pretty creepy watching it as it moved so fast. In front of the "wall" is was quiet with no rain or wind but has the wall was going over overhead the wind picked up a lot.

I submitted a couple of these photos to Fox 8 and they showed one of them on the morning news today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ingram
    Awesome photo Greg! What part of Ohio? I would have loved to had that roll by the house to get some shots. Of course with all the trees around me and all the time I spend in at the computer working on sites, it probably did and I missed it! rofl. I'm in SE Central Ohio myself.
    I'm in northern Ohio, about 20 miles or so southwest of Cleveland. Before we moved to this house a few years ago, I couldn't watch the storms since we had trees all around the house. With this house, I have the big open field in back and get an excellent view of anything coming from the north or west. We're at the very NW edge of the city and the field in the photos and those other houses are outside of the city.

I submitted a couple of these photos to Fox 8 and they showed one of them on the morning news today.
    Darn missed it...I usually plug the kids into cartoons in the morning so I can drink my coffee in peace ...I unplug them after my coffee. lol
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan@MB
    Those are some great pictures Greg. We actually had a big storm roll by yesterday evening. The rain was coming down in sheets it was so heavy... but the coolest part of the whole thing was when lightning srtuck a transformer 50 feet in front of me, it shot up in blue flames and then the power went out. And this all happened when I was driving, I could feel the ground vibrating through the pedal... Pretty creepy.
    Too bad you couldn't get a photo of that, that would have been cool. We had 2 tornados hit very close to our last house. The first one was cool to watch in the very early stages as the clouds started to swirl over our house. By the time it formed it was dark outside and we couldn't see it. My wife and daughter were in the basement and I stood at the back door and could hear it tearing everything up. It touched down about 2/10ths of a mile from us and tore a path for about 3/4 of a mile before it lifted a little then touched back down a few more times.

The second was sighted SW of our house and headed right for it. My wife called me at work and told me while they were in the basement, again, and really frightened. I worked about 12 minutes away and thought I could make it home in time to be with them (was driving a little Celica GTS then). I was in the home stretch and had to go about 1/2 mile west then make a sharp left turn to go south then would be home in about a minute or so. As I'm still heading west I could see it almost directly above our house and heading for me. It was well formed but still too high up to cause any damage. I had to make a quick choice, go faster or turn around. Thinking about my family, I just mashed the gas and hoped I would get out the path of it. As I came around that sharp turn, almost on 2 wheels, a sheriff's deputy was coming from the other direction with lights going chasing the tornado and reporting on it. By the time I saw him there was no time to slow down or pull over, but I don't think he cared much. He was probably thinking how stupid it was of me to try and outrun a tornado.

We've been fortunate to not have any loss from them. The scarey thing is they can form so quickly and by the time the TV or radio reports it, it has usually touched down.

Great pix! I love storms!
    I like 3 feet of snow and -35 degrees with winds at 40 knots. Thats why we live in Louisiana. We love storms so much we name them.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I like 3 feet of snow and -35 degrees with winds at 40 knots. Thats why we live in Louisiana. We love storms so much we name them.
    BRRR! Well, blizzards are cool to watch, but too COLD for me to enjoy them.

I'll take a nice warm thunderstorm any day.

As for the ones big enough to be named storms, if it wasn't for all the wreckage those would surely be the best.

Stranger?
    Same Shawn Ingram from Cenben? and Disc? if so long time no see stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by techno_70
    Same Shawn Ingram from Cenben? and Disc? if so long time no see stranger.
    One in the same. I haven't been here long enough to get PM privileges yet. Feel free to email me at shawn.ingram at gmail.com. Don't wanna turn into a thread hijack on Greg's awesome photos.

One in the same. I haven't been here long enough to get PM privileges yet. Feel free to email me at shawn.ingram at gmail.com. Don't wanna turn into a thread hijack on Greg's awesome photos.
    Hijack away, don't worrry about it. This isn't a topic thread, just sharing some photos so I certainly don't mind.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Cool pics! The clouds almost look like waves or snow in some of the pics. I have a love/hate relationship with storms, myself. I was actually less concerned about them as a kid than I am now, believe it or not... after all the media attention on the tsunami's and multiple hurricanes that have wiped out entire communities... amazing how the media can instill so much 'fear' in us, huh?

Anyhow thx for sharing... I love interesting pics!

Cheers,
    Liz

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread