What is an Advanced Sale?
    I have quite a few advanced sales with zero commissions. I've looked for a definition of what advanced means in cj terms and all I see is reference to the word. Thanks
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I believe an advanced sale is simply one where you can click on "detail" and get the SKU for what was actually sold.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Advanced Sales rock! Just as kea said, they let you see how many items were bought, the SKUs of each item, and the price of each item as well. Great way to find out what's actually selling at the merchant site and presumably which of your keywords are converting. I've only seen one CJ merchant that does Advanced Sales so far, sadly. Maybe there are a lot more that I just haven't made any sales for or joined yet.

As for getting Advanced Sales with $0 commissions, I'd be concerned about that. That's what happens to my Advanced Sales once they are corrected. That horrible red color... "It burns, it burns!"

If it is a corrected sale, wouldn't it show up under the corrected list? I like seeing what is selling but I'd also like make the comm. for it Oh.. and I don't see any red.. not yet anyway.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    That's odd. If it's corrected, it will have red text under the Corrected column, and commission will be either $0 or certainly less than the original. Go into the "Detail" link to the far right on these transactions and see what they say under "Description", where there should be two rows. One is for the original action, and the second for the change that happened, both with posting dates and amounts. Correction amounts are in ()'s. In my case, the Descriptions are usually "Invalid Credit Card" (meaning fraud) or "Returned Merchandise". If yours are zeroes but not corrections, you probably need to contact both CJ and the merchant directly. I've been wondering if CJ has a major problem with corrections of Advanced Sales in the first place. All my corrections so far of multiple-item sales have gotten corrected down to $0, which doesn't sound statistically probable in a large sample of different sales. Granted, I've only seen this happen in two months of sales so far, from one merchant only. I'm actually in the process of getting that looked into by one of my merchants.

I think I've recieved something like that when I had a bonus posted but there would also be a transaction for $0.....Well I'm probably confused its been a long while since I've gotten any bonus...CJ is getting phased out for me......

Maybe look around for any bonuses or monies you can't track to a transaction.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread