Stumped... JS links crap.
    Okay, really getting anxious to the point of nausea here...
    I can see how to replace the CJ merchant banners and inline tetx links. Pain in the butt, but no brainer.

What the heck am I going to do with all those direct links dynamically pulled from the database???
    Anybody figured any workarounds? Anything? Replace with links redirecting to a JS redirecting to the merchant?
    Come on, guys, let's put our heads together... There's gotta be a way.

ABW Ambassador
    I would wait until the 23rd when they're actually available and then people can take a look and test them out and then go from there.

It'll be easier to think about this after we actually see the links. Just a few more days.

edit: damn you trust.

Just realized they are going to implement this on a Friday. Er, um, what if there are problems??? Will there be support over the weekend? Probably not. And even if one does send in a support request, it is taking about three business days for them to respond to new requests and you can bet they are going to be busy with this.

If anyone out there, especially newbies, are considering a massive overhaul of your site with the new links because CJ told you so, DON'T. I would strongly suggest a slow migration of links. Better yet, wait for others to experiment with links to see what bugs and slow downs there will be before you try anything. And be sure to back up your current sites with CJ links before you do anything.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm not doing anything until my links go dead.

Almost all my links are from the cj datapush so I don't even know if they are changing those. I have maybe 20 banners at most from CJ and maybe 10 at most individual text links. So when the time comes it won't be to painful.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I have mostly text links. I will wait to change them when we get the six month notice. At that time I will probably switch as many links as possible to different affiliate networks that don't make JS madatory.

ok, i knwo this is a stupid question, but i am new and willing to be laughted at when i do not know somthing.

Ok, i recive links and Deep Links to content from my program, what is with the data feeds and JS issues? i pill the data from a Exl and take out the links i want.

Ok, what am i missing?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread