New Alert at CJ regarding LMI
    Just posted, in case you missed it:

Reminder - Link Management Initiative Launches June 23, 2006!

Phase I of the Link Management Initiative (LMI) will be launching on June 23, 2006, at which time JavaScript links will become Commission Junction’s default link type. You will still have the option to use Legacy links for all relationships through the beginning of 2007, though we encourage you to start using our new JavaScript links to take advantage of the benefits planned as part of the LMI. At this time we have not scheduled a date for which the Legacy links will no longer be available or supported and will notify you at least six months in advance of making this change.

Please check our online FAQs for more information on the changes introduced with the LMI, including:

JavaScript Link support
    An improved Keyword Link page
    New E-mail Links
    You know, before we go and implement all these changes from Phase One, I'd sure like to know what Phase Two and Three, etc, are before I make my changes. I have to recreate hundreds of handcoded links because of JS links and if there is something else they want me to change, I want to do it all at one time while I'm already redoing each of my pages.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Just posted, in case you missed it:
    You know, before we go and implement all these changes from Phase One, I'd sure like to know what Phase Two and Three, etc, are before I make my changes. I have to recreate hundreds of handcoded links because of JS links and if there is something else they want me to change, I want to do it all at one time while I'm already redoing each of my pages.
    I have serious doubts that CJ will say anything regarding the future phases. Who knows, there might is no Phase 2 or they don't know themselves yet what phase 2 is going to be, because they want to check first how phase 1 is doing.

Since CJ does not discuss anything publicly is the only thing you can rely on the fact that they will change core features in the future and that they will give a damn what you think about it and not make it part of their planning.

cheers,
    Carsten Cumbrowski
    Marketer & Entrepreneur @ Cumbrowski.com
    Free & no BS Internet Marketing Resources

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrowski
    I have serious doubts that CJ will say anything regarding the future phases. Who knows, there might is no Phase 2 or they don't know themselves yet what phase 2 is going to be, because they want to check first how phase 1 is doing.
    I personally hope that at some point in future they'll notice that a much lower percentage of their traffic and income is coming in over JS links than the idiot who proposed them promised, and the whole thing will quietly go away....
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread