When Your X Wants You Back
    I used to make good money with Merchant X on CJ.

Merchant X left CJ and I was

Merchant X opened on SAS and so I joined Merchant X as an affiliate on SAS.
    The thing is: I found it easier to get specific product/image of the product links on CJ -- so I was nostalgic for the CJ program but wanted to make the most out of Merchant X's program on SAS.

Today when I looked at my CJ "homepage" (whatever you call CJ's main affiliate page upon login) there was a "deal." Lo and behold Merchant X has come back.

I said "yes." So now I am on two networks with Merchant X and the bottom line I'll use whatever system makes it easier for me to find the specific product links (with images) that I am looking for.
    If CJ's new LMI Initiative creates nothing but hardship and renders it difficult to find specific products, I'll just ignore the accounts on CJ. If CJ is smart, its system will continue to allow affiliates an easy method of getting the product links.

As an affiliate the bottom line is ease of use and $$$
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Rhia

I do that with several merchants. I use the graphics and banners supplied by CJ for example, but the tracking links are SAS (for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Rhia

I do that with several merchants. I use the graphics and banners supplied by CJ for example, but the tracking links are SAS (for example)
    I never thought of mix and match. I only thought of hopping from one side to the other (either or)

Gee I wonder: why would a merchant leave CJ and then decide to return now during the LMI chaos?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

the great merchant flip-flop
    hello,

a merchant is bound by contracts and expectations that are promised when they join a network like CJ and the like.

Depending on CJ contract Merchant X left to find greener pastures, as we do as well, but once there they saw that, for what ever reason, did not get what was promised or expected. It could also be possible CJ came back with a reduced rate and possible revenue incentives.

Merchants are very similar to us, in that they need to constantly juggle their programs to get at as many affiliates at the lowest cost possible. These methods can cause many benefits and issues. Example: Those flipping networks caused to you to search and retrieve them, but some affiliates will simply leave them and never return or even feel vexed and pressure other to follow suit.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I never thought of mix and match. I only thought of hopping from one side to the other (either or)

Gee I wonder: why would a merchant leave CJ and then decide to return now during the LMI chaos?
    Also, folks, there are many big companies that have internal programs they don't tell you about. I'm with a couple. I use the banners from networks, but I get the feed directly from the merchants and get paid directly by the merchants (except for any banner click sales).

Now is the time to contact your merchants. Tell them you are not happy with the required JS links and are considering moving to another network. Trust me, if they value you they will do whatever they can to keep you. I've already had offers for better commission rates, special coupons for my sites only, etc. Merchants are worried and because of CJ's mistake implementing JS links without the option of leaving the legacy links, they are scrambling to do whatever they can to keep us. This takes time, and as the big CJ cookie crumbles, I imagine it will not be too many weeks before we see CJ merchants opening up at other networks or doing some in-house options.

Just remember, you are the one in control here, not Commission Junction or ValueClick. You can choose any network or merchant to promote products. CJ/VC cannot pick you. And right now with the positive changes at LS, the possibility of a Google affiliate network, etc, we have more options than ever before. Also, there are many new small networks popping up like Avantlink and AffiliateFuture. I have found both of them to take a personal interest in new affiliates and merchants, unlike the big networks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread