Question Do bad things really happen in 3's??
    I've always heard the saying "bad things happen in 3's", and i'm wondering if anyone has ever had that come true with them?

because in the last 2 and a half weeks i've had two pretty bad incidents happen to me and i'm bracing for a 3rd...

1. my 10 week old kitten dies of a virus
    2. my sister suffers a seizure while driving and gets seriously injured after crashing into a parked car. i was away from my office for over a week spending most my time in her hospital room, not sleeping. (i know some of u missed me...chetf )
    3. ????

so i hope bad things don't happen in 3's...
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

I'm very sorry about your kitten. I'm not sure if you're the same person who had the photo of their kitten that was adorable or not, but really sorry. You should go get yourself another kitty or some type of pet. When growing up my dog passes away when he was around 18 and I was heartbroken over it. I never wanted another pet cos of how I felt but my brother found a puppy that was only a few weeks old (should've never been out on its own but owners evidently had abandoned it) She lived to be 22 yrs. old and even though I was heartbrokenn again wouldn't have missed the time with her Getting another pet really will help you from being so sad about losing this one.

Really very sorry to hear about your sister and hope she's recovering my now.
    Umm hate to say it, but I've definitely had things happen in threes. In fact more than threes lol After a while...if it's any consolation you get numb to what's happening when it goes to more than three. Doesn't have to be that way, though so definitely hoping your string of bad things stops at 2 and then happy strings

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Smile
    Sorry to hear about your bad string of ... I hesitate to call it, luck...

If there's one thing I've learned in this lifetime thus far, is that any obstacle (be it physical, emotional or otherwise) that is put in our way may be considered nothing more than a test of your will and strength. If you consider it that and nothing more, what serves to pain you can only make you stronger once you've bypassed and overcome it.

Don't focus on what else is going to go wrong next. Focus on what didn't go wrong and what could have but didn't. Focus on the good things in life to help you better cope w/ the bad. Glad to hear by the way that your sister is going to be in time, ok.

Yes, I try to be the eternal optimist. Doesn't always work but at least I try...

Hope things get a little better for you soon. Keep smiling!

All the best,

Quote Originally Posted by e-Gazer
    If there's one thing I've learned in this lifetime thus far, is that any obstacle (be it physical, emotional or otherwise) that is put in our way may be considered nothing more than a test of your will and strength. If you consider it that and nothing more, what serves to pain you can only make you stronger once you've bypassed and overcome it.

Don't focus on what else is going to go wrong next. Focus on what didn't go wrong and what could have but didn't. Focus on the good things in life to help you better cope w/ the bad. Glad to hear by the way that your sister is going to be in time, ok.

I definitely love this outlook. I've always been one who believes EVERYTHING happens for a reason, it just may not always be clear at the time. So as of now, not sure what the effects of these events will eventually be, but I know they happened for some purpose. I'm just hoping their's not a third event...or if there is...it waits a while to happen. lol.

Thanks for the replies.
    [B]Jon Lyons[/B]
    Director of Affiliate Operations
    [EMAIL="jon.lyons@fluxads.com"][SIZE=1]jon.lyons@fluxads.com[/SIZE][/EMAIL][SIZE=1] | 1-877-GO-2-FLUX | [URL="http://www.fluxads.com/"]FluxAds.com[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]LinkedIn: [URL]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jrlyons[/URL][/SIZE]

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Jonathan, chin up - as my mother always says, it's situations like these that make you a stronger person in the end. Of course, whenever she said that it usually was when I ended up grounded after breaking the rules...;-) Thank goodness I'm grown up now and can say the very same thing to my kids...heh....

Hope your sister is on the mend!
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Of all the bad luck, just dont let your FluxAd-Capacitor droop Man. It can be fatal.

Did you make kitty soup?

I hope your sister is doing better. Those seizures are tough sometimes. My sis has had a couple and it's always in the back of our minds when shes out somewhere whether it will happen again.

Peace

Nubert

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAds.com
    so i hope bad things don't happen in 3's...
    No, bad things don't really come in threes any more often than in ones or twos. But on the rare occasion there are three at once it's very memorable. That's how superstitions get started.

Sorry to hear you've had bad things in your life recently. But statistically you're no more likely to have a third bad thing than I am to have a first one.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Bad things just come when they come. There are times, though, when things start striking too close together for us to process one before we're hit again.

Things that happen to our pets and to our siblings usually hurt us so much or scare us so much that we have to stop for awhile and get our head straightened out before we feel ready to get back into our own routine again. And we also are suddenly on hyper-aware, so that everything seems like a problem.

I'm sorry for your troubles. Hopefully, everything will calm down enough for you to feel normal again soon. There is actually a pretty good book out there called
    Everything Happens for a Reason : Finding the True Meaning of the Events in Our Lives by Mira Kirshenbaum which you might find interesting.

http and a telephoto
    Jonathan, I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I will say that you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers...

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

hopefully this all blows over as well as it can and things get better . . .

Today I discovered (in my main computer) the RAM was overheating, even with copper heatsinks, and WinXP has decided the drive to boot off is the spare I wanted to remove because the controller board is smelling like hot phenolic. Couple of other issues but they are minor. The rest of my life is fine, though. Waiting for the weekend.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread